Arrow Global Guernsey v Legallystressed re old Providian Account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 year later...

It's now over a year since I heard anything regarding this and the claim is still 'stayed'.

What should I do now, can anybody advise?

I really don't want this hanging over my head indefinitely.

Has anybody ever started an online petition to stop this practice as I can't see anything on this site to suggest it has?

there is nothing for you to do

neither legal wise

nor worrying wise.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

But I am worried DX, constantly nagging at the back of my mind that any day they could apply to have the stay lifted. How can they get away with this? There should be a specific period of time the stay can remain and then automatically struck out :-(

But I am worried DX, constantly nagging at the back of my mind that any day they could apply to have the stay lifted. How can they get away with this? There should be a specific period of time the stay can remain and then automatically struck out :-(

Why ? a claim does not become a claim until its allocated to track...in its stayed state it is no more than a speculative claim...so if you understand the legal processes...thats why there are no petitions or anything on the forum...its only you that is worried.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I worry because this debt would have reached it's sixth year now so would have been statute barred but I have read (don't know if it's true) that time is now frozen whilst this is stayed so whilst there could be a chance the stay is lifted as oppose to it becoming statute barred

Not true if a claim is stayed for a long period of time you can disregard it with the effects to Statute of Limitations.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Yes and no....if the stay remains in place...nothing is happening with the debt...so SB makes no odds.If the current claimant lifts the stay say in 2 years time...you can challenge that the claim was placed vexatiously with no intention of proceeding therefore intentionally stopping time.

If say for arguments sake the claimant never lifts the stay and you get a new claim from a different claimant in 3/4 years...you can disregard the first claim or the stopping of the clock.

If that makes sense?