Interest on Debt with NDR/ Very Debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3630 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone -

I hope you can help, I’ve been reading through the forum but couldn’t find answer,

I have a catalogue account with very opened 2011

- I went into arrears at the end of 2012

- I’m not to sure what my balance was including interest but I know it was over £2000 -

I did the usual thing burying head in the sand act

- then I received a few letters from NDR and I set up a payment plan Feb 2013 to pay them £105 per month.

This was on the premise that they (NDR) will be freezing interest on my account and I would be making regular payments -

I have been making regular payments for just over a year now

- and just received my statement for the month saying I still owe them well over 1300

and need to make a minimum payment of £647

- on closer inspection I noticed that I have been charged interest every month

- after interest was suppose to be frozen -

It’s completely my fault for stupidly not looking at my statements and happily paying this every month!

But I’ve gone into my very account and have a look at NDR statements from July 2013

and it looks like I have been charged between £40 - £60 every time I have paid them.

Is this right since they agreed to freeze my interest ( I don’t have anything in writing) when I initially set up a payment plan. Is there anyway I can claim this back?

Also when settling the debt would I am able t negotiating an amount to completely satisfy thee debt?

Apologies f its a stupid question - I just feel so silly for trusting these people and not checking my account was fine when this was put in place

Thank you in advance for you help

NDR are shop direct

I don't think you'll get any joy

but you could send SD an SAR

specifically ask for telephone conversations to be included too

but they'll say they don't have them

I bet you've loads of penalty [£12] fees for letter/phone etc?

you can reclaim those just like PPI

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you dx100uk

I have sent off for a SAR to shop direct just waiting now , also should I send off a SAR to NDR , they seem to be based in Bolton ?

Regarding the added interest - surely they cant do this - if NDR is support to be a debt recovery part of shop direct , should I not have agreed the interest being charged or something - it just seems ridiculous and quite unfair that by paying them 100 per month I'm actually only paying half of the debt off ? in double the time when interest keeps getting added

Thank you again in advanced

Thank you dx100uk

I have sent off for a SAR to shop direct just waiting now , also should I send off a SAR to NDR , they seem to be based in Bolton ?

Regarding the added interest - surely they cant do this - if NDR is support to be a debt recovery part of shop direct , should I not have agreed the interest being charged or something - it just seems ridiculous and quite unfair that by paying them 100 per month I'm actually only paying half of the debt off ? in double the time when interest keeps getting added

Thank you again in advanced

A SAR goes to creditor NDR is as dx says the debt collection part of SD.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: