Grievance upheld after I left employment - can I now do anything?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3639 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody,

Around 10 months ago I quit work to move to another employer. I didn't wish to do so but after 6 months of appalling treatment at the hands of my manager I felt I had little alternative. I, like 3 other staff in the organisation, had complained to his manager about him but this hadn't solved the issue. On what turned out to be my last day I was verbally berated in a humiliating and demeaning fashion in front of other staff, which was then followed up with an email in which I was accused of lying and being deliberately disruptive (with choice sections highlighted in bold for emphasis.)

I left immediately, having been advised by HR first that I should consider seeing out my notice on stress related sick leave and then being told to just go and that they'd pay me for my remaining time there. Having left, that same day the manager in question called a team meeting (knowing that everyone in the team had seen his behaviour and that it would be investigated) to repeat the lies told about me in an attempt to justify his behaviour. He also ordered my desk stripped (I had had to leave in such a rush that I didn't get a chance to clear it) and decided himself which possessions of mine to return to me.

My grievance was almost entirely thrown out upon initial investigation, because the organisation refused to allow me to source emails and other electronic evidence that vindicated me. Of 13 allegations, they upheld only one with a further partially upheld.

I appealed and 'won', in as much that I received a letter stating that this individual had now been found guilty of multiple breaches of the organisation's dignity at work act and had been disciplined accordingly. However they refused to say what they had done.

Considering the complete lies spread about me around the organisation which were dismissed by the investigators as 'we can't stop people from talking', the damage to my reputation and the financial loss I've sustained (I did resign voluntarily but ended up in a less well paid job for a year), and particularly that I now know someone else has raised a formal complaint about him at the same organisation, is there anything else I can do or is it too late?

I've lost money, my reputation is damaged and my sense of what's 'right' has been well and truly infringed by this cover up. I'm willing to throw money at this but is there any point? I don't want to spend and drag it all up again if I don't stand to end up financially up as a result. What a world!

Thanks!

Sadly employment tribunal is an option that has closed for you now. The complaint has to be received by the tribunal three months less one day form the last incident.

What result did you ask for in your grievence? You could of requested the company correct the slanda by way of letter to the team

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.