Npower/PDP Management - Warrant of Entry to fit PrePayment Meter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3629 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I have had an issue with Npower regarding my gas as

I believe they have been charging me for a period of 1 month before they should have

(tenancy started after the initial billing period on their bill

This has been going on for a while and

they passed the info over to PDP Management Services to chase me for the outstanding balance.

I advised them that I have a dispute with Npower and

have been paying the current bills and its the first quarter bill that I have a dispute with.

A couple of months passed and I get a letter from PDP to advise that

they are applying for a warrant to enter my home to have a prepayment meter fitted,

I advised them that I have 2 disabled children at home and that when I am away with work

my wife is generally house bound and a prepayment meter would be an issue.

They turned up on Friday just gone (13/06/14) with a lock smith and 2 gas engineers to fit a prepayment meter,

I explained that this was not fair as I am still in dispute,

the chap from PDP just said that he had a signed court warrant to enter

which I checked and it all seemed fine with a signature.

I had to pay or he was going to call the police to attend.

I paid and he left,

the issue I have is that the warrant was signed on the 11th June 14 as this is when they went to court

however the letter they sent me advised the court date was the 13/06/14

and that I could attend to give my side of the story.

It seem that they send out a letter with one day and then go to court before that day

which gives me no way to defend myself.

Is there anything I can do or can these people just do as they want,

I spoke to Npower as they chose PDP to act on their behalf and they just said that its not their problem...

Sorry for the long message but all help appreciated.

Thnks

• 3 weeks later...

- What is your debt standing at currently?

- have you written to them with a copy of your tenancy to show when your tenancy started? Did you ask them for THEIR proof of when you were in the property?

- Warrants and court dates don't necessarily tie up. Warrants are usually applied for after liability has been established. (correct me if I'm wrong)

- If there was no bailiff present, you can "withdraw the right of implied access". If there is a bailiff present, just don't let them in. If the police attend, this becomes a different matter and you could get arrested.

Write a formal letter of complaint and head your letter as such - to Npower's Head/Registered office

Npower

Windmill Hill Business Park

Whitehill Way

Swindon

SN5 6PB

If they do not respond or do not respond favourably, then you can escalate your complaint to the Ombudsman.

I would suggest you also send a copy of your letter to PDP Management Services so they are aware that they will be dragged into this.

Send the Npower letter by Recorded or Special Delivery post and obtain a free proof of posting for the copy to PDP

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• dx100uk changed the title to Npower/PDP Management - Warrant of Entry to fit PrePayment Meter