style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3657 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I succesfully beat Rossendales in the past thanks to this forum.

A friend who has NEVER seen the bailiff nor let him in, has a letter saying they are coming tomorrow for £576 or removing goods.

He is not techno savvy so I told him to ask for a breakdown to be sent to him. He phoned and asked for it over the phone but was told he cant have it as its electronic.

He is really panicking and as it was a while since I beat them, I want to make sure all is as is.

Am I still 100% correct that as they have not been in the house, no walking possession or anything, that there is nothing that they can do? I just want to make sure before I try and help him.

Thanks

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

Presumably unpaid council tax ?

Has your friend contacted the council, advising that the bailiff has refused to provided a breakdown of the fees they are attempting to charge ? Also have they asked the council for details of the liability order ?

Any vulnerability issues ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

No he hasnt contacted the council. Hes only just come to me with this.

He only contacted the bailiff about 30 mins ago.

He is a single parent looking after his son.

Thanks

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

If your friend is unemployed he may be considered vulnerable. If he is on low income, he may be entitled to council tax help from the council and should make enquiries.

You don't give a lot of information, presumably because your friend has not told you much. I think you need to dig a bit more and find out his position, what has happened etc. If there are any current health issues or hardship issues, he needs to make the council aware of this and I would suggest he does in writing.

He needs to contact the council to find out about liability orders obtained against him. i.e ask the council to supply full details of the liability order.

There cannot be any forced entry. Your friend should NEVER allow any bailiff into his house, as they will use this as an opportunity to charge higher fees. If your friend owns a car, he should ensure that it is parked away from the house, as otherwise the bailiff will levy against it.

Your friend does not have to pay anything to the bailiffs, but should make payments to the council. The council may pass on money to the bailiffs relating to fees they are legally able to charge.

A council cannot refuse payment. Your friend needs to try to resolve with the council and deal with it as best as he can.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread