Welcome Finance PPI Claims from 1999 **WON FROM AVAIVA for 2000 onwards**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3468 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Mummyof278

We've had a successful reclaim of PPI from Welcome quite recently, on a loan taken out in 2003. The thread is http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?415458-Welcome-PPI-claim-pre-2005&p=4480621 if it is of any help to you.

By doing a SAR on Welcome, we got copies of the agreement, details of payments and so on. That enabled us to work out roughly what they owed us and they come up with a figure that was close enough and we agreed to settle at that. However, we still have a claim against them for insurances that were slapped on without our agreement, as well as their own office messing things up.

To be fair, they were pretty good with the PPI claim and found in our favour, although I think they tried to find a way to back out !

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

• 4 months later...

Sue them in court - I'm having to do that for one of my PPI claims because the company involved say it's statute barred, but PPI isn't...

See http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?425791-Hillards-v-On-Line-Finance-(GMAC)(23-Viewing)-nbsp

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

• 1 month later...
Has anyone got the address for Aviva, I had a Welcome loan with a load of Health Cover (aka PPI) and at the time was in long term employment, I am looking to chase up on that - still have the original paperwork tucked away for when I have time to chase - which will be next week ....

They don't seem to want to give an address out: http://www.aviva.co.uk/existing-customers/complaints-contacts.html

...but I found one:

Aviva,

PO Box 4,

Surrey Street,

Norwich

NR1 3NG

"Sue them in court - I'm having to do that for one of my PPI claims because the company involved say it's statute barred, but PPI isn't..."

Not sure if you can help, but I am trying to find out who was the insurer for three loans with Welcome up to 2000.

As stated by someone earlier, I spoke to Welcome and they gave me the policy numbers for post-2000 loans,

but said they did not have records for the ones prior to 2000.

Are they telling lies?

if so, how would I go about finding out the insurer.

I have the original account numbers from Welcome.

You need to start your own thread, rather than ask questions within someone else's. Things get muddled when people are reading these topics and different people are putting their questions in, rather than answering the original poster.

What you need to do here is send a SAR to Welcome, for them to send you copies of what they have on file. That should tell you the insurer. If, as they claim, they don't have records going that far back then there isn't a great deal you can do. What you would also have then are details of the broker you dealt with at the time, they may have some information on file.

• Confused 1