Mortimer Clarke Solicitors / Cabot CCJ Letter Threat

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3666 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, new poster here.

I have 3 debts with Cabot (originally Haliax). They are for different sums of money ranging from £4000 down to £800.

I last paid Cabot any money on July 2012 due to their normal scare tactics. The debts itself are roughly 8 years old in total (they are no longer on my credit report).

I have today received 3 individual letters, 1 for each debt. They are from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors stating that Cabot have instructed them to start legal procedings against me if I don't reply to the letter which comes with an expenditure form in the next 14 days.

I am very close to being able to get a mortage and this will screw all of this up. I want to fight these but I'm not too sure about how to do it. Is anyone able to give me some guildance on this matter?

Also, do you think that a judge would grant a CCJ for an 8 year old debt?

Any help would be very gratfully recieved

Regards

Adam

Hi & Welcome to CAG,

Are these debts for Loans, Credit Cards, Bank Overdraft etc. ?

Do Cabot own all of the debts or are they collecting on behalf of the Original Creditor?

On which of the debts did you pay Cabot the money to in 2012?

Please do not contact Cabot by telephone & if they contact you refuse to go through any DPA questions & just say "In writing only" and hang up.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

One is a Loan, one is a credit card and the other is an overdraft.

I believe that Cabot own it, but not 100% on that.

Paid a very smal amount on all of them in 2012.

I don't talk to them anymore, my last contact was 2012.

Thank you very much for your response and I look forward to hearing back from you

It is irrelevant how old the actual debt is.. what matters is when stopped making payments. You ahve said you made payments up to 2012 - in which case the debts will not be statute barred.

There has to have been a period of just over 6 years (5 in Scotland) where no monies have been paid and no acknowledgment of liability made.

It is my understanding, if you make an arrangement to pay these debts, then the company can start recording again on your credit files.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D