Lifestyle Fitness

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3669 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Recently my gym was taken over by Lifestyle Fitness, before it was a Klick Fitness and before that Fitness First. The only correspondence I have received was a letter stating that a take over was in the pipeline.

My direct debits have always gone to Fitness First, upon the transfer from FF to KF I was asked to sign a contract on the console outside the gym, everything was then done online.

I am moving shortly and want to give my notice, however I don't actually know who I am under contract with due to a lack of corespondent. I have been a member there for 5 years and am on a monthly rolling contract. There is no one to speak to as there isn't actually a reception.

I have seen signs around the gym saying that cancellations now go though Harlands and I have to call a premium rate number to cancel.

Can someone tell me my rights on this issue, particularly the lack of any correspondence from the new owners.

Hi

Recently my gym was taken over by Lifestyle Fitness, before it was a Klick Fitness and before that Fitness First. The only correspondence I have received was a letter stating that a take over was in the pipeline.

My direct debits have always gone to Fitness First, upon the transfer from FF to KF I was asked to sign a contract on the console outside the gym, everything was then done online.

I am moving shortly and want to give my notice, however I don't actually know who I am under contract with due to a lack of corespondent. I have been a member there for 5 years and am on a monthly rolling contract. There is no one to speak to as there isn't actually a reception.

I have seen signs around the gym saying that cancellations now go though Harlands and I have to call a premium rate number to cancel.

Can someone tell me my rights on this issue, particularly the lack of any correspondence from the new owners.

On a phone so very short response.

Premium rate number to cancel is contrary to UTCCR

Hi Superstretch,

You do not need to contact Harlands to cancel and you certainly don't need to use a Premium Rate phone number.

Can you confirm :-

1. When were you asked to sign a new agreement on their console.

2. Were you sent a new agreement by post, or given one at the time of signing.

I'm concerned that you may have (unwittingly) signed a new agreement that commits you to a new minimum 12 month m/ship period.

In any event, write the following letter to the gym and take it to them in person. Take a 2nd copy of the letter and ask the staff on reception to sign it , thereby confirming delivery of the letter to them. Keep the signed letter so you have proof in case the gym or Harlands "lose" the cancellation. They have a habit of losing such letters.

To Lifestyle Fitness, [xxxxtown]

Dear sir or madam,

Please accept this letter as notice of cancellation of my gym membership.

I will allow one further DD payment to be made to the gym, after which the DD mandate will be cancelled.

If Harlands need to know about this, please pass on this information to them so I am not chased for further payments.

Yours faithfully,

Please keep us updated.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Superstretch,

You do not need to contact Harlands to cancel and you certainly don't need to use a Premium Rate phone number.

Can you confirm :-

1. When were you asked to sign a new agreement on their console.

2. Were you sent a new agreement by post, or given one at the time of signing.

I'm concerned that you may have (unwittingly) signed a new agreement that commits you to a new minimum 12 month m/ship period.

In any event, write the following letter to the gym and take it to them in person. Take a 2nd copy of the letter and ask the staff on reception to sign it , thereby confirming delivery of the letter to them. Keep the signed letter so you have proof in case the gym or Harlands "lose" the cancellation. They have a habit of losing such letters.

To Lifestyle Fitness, [xxxxtown]

Dear sir or madam,

Please accept this letter as notice of cancellation of my gym membership.

I will allow one further DD payment to be made to the gym, after which the DD mandate will be cancelled.

If Harlands need to know about this, please pass on this information to them so I am not chased for further payments.

Yours faithfully,

Please keep us updated.

Thanks for the reply Slick. I have never signed anything with Lifestyle Fitness, the signing up on the console was around 2 years ago, when the club was rebranded Klick Fitness from Fitness First, as far as I know I didn't even sign up to a 12 month contract at this point either, I was told this was just to get a pin for the door. As i have said the only correspondence I received about the transfer was from FF/KF stating they had sold the lease of the club to Lifestyle Fitness and for current members things would continue as normal, although it seems they are trying to get people to sign up for 12 months by offering them £14.99 rather than £17.99.

I have noticed today that money is about to be paid to Harlands from my bank account. Are they allowed to do this? As I have said there has been no correspondence from Lifestyle Fitness to say they have taken over my DD will now be paid to Harlands or that they now officially run the club. Also, it seems the terms have changed, as to cancel before all I had to do was login to the Klickfitness website, now I have to contact Harlands.

Edited by SuperStretch

Hi SuperStretch,

I wouldn't be surprised if they got you to sign up (on the computer console) to a new agreement without your knowledge or consent. However, if this happened, you should not be bound by such an occurrence.

Send the letter drafted above asap.

Please also confirm the date the DD is normally paid for the gym, so we can decide exactly when the 30 days notice expires in relation to the payments.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)