Claim Clinic ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3677 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, just had a strange call he told me he was ringing from Dept of Transport and is ref to a claim. My partner spoke to him as he recently lost on a personal injury claim, the man said he had £1500 unclaimed compensation, we just need to confirm what it is for, due to Data Protection he can't tell us anything. He then went on about ppi claims!! He said his name is Ryan from The Claim Clinic on 0161 4080033 & is gona ring back tomorrow between 11-12 - is this a [problem]??

Hi, just had a strange call he told me he was ringing from Dept of Transport and is ref to a claim. My partner spoke to him as he recently lost on a personal injury claim, the man said he had £1500 unclaimed compensation, we just need to confirm what it is for, due to Data Protection he can't tell us anything. He then went on about ppi claims!! He said his name is Ryan from The Claim Clinic on 0161 4080033 & is gona ring back tomorrow between 11-12 - is this a ****??

You know the answer!

First he is from the DoT, and then from "The Claim Clinic". Why would a reputable firm need to claim to be from the DoT?

Next, why would the DPA prevent him giving a data subject information on themself ?

If he wasn't happy he was speaking to the Data Subject, he shouldn't have given out any info. If he had made sure he was speaking to the data subject, he could have given any personal info on the DSubject he wanted.

Third : having you "hooked" he moved to PPI : if you aren't owed a PPI reclaim, he can't create one.

If you are owed a PPI reclaim, reclaim it yourself, avoiding having to pay 1/4 to 1/3 of the fees to a firm who won't do much to earn it.

I know...

maybe wishful thinking that someone owed us money instead of the other way round lol.

As for DPA,

Barclays and TalkTalk have used that as a reason not to help, how come they can get away with it?

So you think he was taking the p*** with having £1500 there for us?

Or maybe he knows the ppi amount as my partneris doing his own ppi claims with Barclays and Barclaycard..

. talking of which if BC sold the 2008 debit (owed £250 from £2000 credit card) to a DCA,

but he had Gregory Pennington paying his old debits up till last year

so that means they arent statue barred and as he has ppi claims they will all start chasing him?

My concern is he is on DLA for Schzophenia & didnt have to pay the unacknowledged debits over 6yrs old

& none of them are starue barred as last payments to them was last only yr

surely GP should of advised him not to do it esp when they knew about his condition.

.. is there anything we can do clear this mess u?

Thank you

I know... maybe wishful thinking that someone owed us money instead of the other way round lol.

As for DPA, Barclays and TalkTalk have used that as a reason not to help, how come they can get away with it?

So you think he was taking the p*** with having £1500 there for us? Or maybe he knows the ppi amount as my partneris doing his own ppi claims with Barclays and Barclaycard... talking of which if BC sold the 2008 debit (owed £250 from £2000 credit card) to a DCA, but he had Gregory Pennington paying his old debits up till last year so that means they arent statue barred and as he has ppi claims they will all start chasing him? My concern is he is on DLA for Schzophenia & didnt have to pay the unacknowledged debits over 6yrs old & none of them are starue barred as last payments to them was last only yr surely GP should of advised him not to do it esp when they knew about his condition... is there anything we can do clear this mess u? Thank you

Why should a GP be giving him financial advice?

If he has an solicitor / accountant / financial advisor : would you expect them to offer advice on adjusting his schizophrenia medications?.

If you have to ask if the guy from The Claim Clinic is being entirely clear as to his motivation when he initially said he was from the DoT, and you expect the GP to be offering legal advice : recalibrate your expectations.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

RECALIBRATE MY EXPECTATIONS?? DO ME A FAVOUR REFRAIN FROM COMMENTING UNLESS IT IS ACTUALLY HELPFUL ... DO YOU FEEL ALL BIG & CLEVER AFTER BELITTLING STRANGERS ONLINE??

SERIOUSLY HATE BULLIES SO DO ME A FAVOUR & JUST **** OFF!!

GP was Gregory Pennington mentioned earlier doh!!!

thank you dx100uk & I apologise for swearing & if you wanna kick me off no problem, there are enough ******s around in real life and I dont have the patience to be polite to someone who is basically taking the ****.

Edited by olwen669

RECALIBRATE MY EXPECTATIONS?? DO ME A FAVOUR REFRAIN FROM COMMENTING UNLESS IT IS ACTUALLY HELPFUL ... DO YOU FEEL ALL BIG & CLEVER AFTER BELITTLING STRANGERS ONLINE??

SERIOUSLY HATE BULLIES SO DO ME A FAVOUR & JUST **** OFF!!

GP was Gregory Pennington mentioned earlier doh!!!

thank you dx100uk & I apologise for swearing & if you wanna kick me off no problem, there are enough ******s around in real life and I dont have the patience to be polite to someone who is basically taking the ****.

My mistake (in reading GP as general practitioner), but probably in posting on the thread at all. Clearly, you know all the answers already, so little point in people contributing or they'll become "bullies"

"My concern is he is on DLA for Schzophenia & didnt have to pay the unacknowledged debits over 6yrs old & none of them are starue barred as last payments to them was last only yr surely GP should of advised him not to do it esp when they knew about his condition"

Read that again ; you know "GP means Geoffrey Pennington". I know it too now you've specifically said so.

For someone who doesn't know you meant "Geoffrey Pennington" - it reads more as general practitioner, given that expecting a DCA to tell someone "by the way your debt is statute barred, it is still owed but we can't enforce it" : is still an unrealistic expectation.

Rightly or wrongly, that isn't their role!

Have you ever heard of a DCA volunteering this information?

It isn't in their interest, and they are under no legal obligation to do so. They shouldn't lie if asked (or told!) it, but don't have to offer advice.

Expecting them to offer such advice is an unreasonable expectation - and contributed to me reading GP as 'general practitioner ' (as it is so outlandish it didn't even cross my mind it was an abbreviation for the DCA!)

Olwen, I believe you owe Bazza an apology. I too mistook "GP" to mean General Practitioner, especially as your post was quite jumbled with health issues along with debt issues.

Popping some paragraphs/proper spacing in your post might have made it easer to understand.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

god my friend Gregory pennington

never us a fee paying DMC

and do the ppi yourself

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if you want help with the debt and the PPI just ask

its easy peasy

dx

and they