Student on ESA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3630 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI :)

I'm a part time student on ESA. The Job Centre are aware of this, I asked them for advice as I was looking to studying an Access course, I got none, but they kindly sent me a change of circumstances form.

I'm going to the interview soon and will ask to do the full time course part time because I'm unable to study full time.

I'm worried my ESA will stop because I'm studying an Access course. Can the Job Centre do this? Do I have to prove this is therapeutic study somehow?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I've been to the interview and although the tutor should have been prepared to talk about this course running part time nothing was known. The programme manager knew nothing either so it was a waste of time going. I'm waiting to hear from the manager whether disabled students are able to study on a full time course on a part time basis because I'm not well enough.

I've completed all the academic courses at level 2 that are available. Access and Degree are the only courses that seem to be left. (BTECs etc are only running for school leavers) But I can't get on a Degree course until I have gained Access because I don't have A-levels. Slightly stuck.

I can't find any other educational providers in my area that offer the 1-2-1 support I need.

Frustrating!

• 4 weeks later...

I've been back to the Programme Manager for a meeting and the Access course can not run part-time and if it could (like it used to for all students) it would still be too intensive for me and that I would be better off looking at other courses instead.

So back to the drawing board.

I'm on the 'Steps to work' programme because I was looking into doing the next level course, I'm unable to do the next level course because it's too intensive so I shouldn't surely be on this programme. Grr!