Bryan Carter/Fredricksons letters - what to do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've got myself into a bit of a mess and would like some advice please.

A number of years ago I started a DMP with stepchange (before they were stepchange, I can't remember what the name was. Cccs?) due to my own failings after paying it for a few years I'd changed bank accounts, and completely overlooked it. As my other contact details had all changed they couldn't get into contact with me, and I thought I was still paying it.

Stupidly, I then acrued another two debts after a disastrous relationship, one being with capital one. I realised I wasn't paying into my DMP, and restarted it, adding the new debts to it.

I have continued paying it, sent new letters to all creditors. Capital one passed the debt to Fredricksons who sent me daily letters saying I must phone them or log into their site. I tried registering on it but it just told me to phone them! I posted them a letter saying I am on a DMP as capital one were aware, so I've now got a letter from Bryan carter saying they are acting on behalf of Fredricksons, my capital one debt is going to increase by a third iftheytake me to court etc.

What do I do?

I have been offered a small sum of money to try and do a f&f, but it's not the amount they want and as it's a reasonably recent debt I'm assuming they'd decline.

I wouldn't be able to attend court if it got that far as I work full time and I would be unable to have time off, so I'm keen not to let it get to that.

Who owns my debt now, and what is best for me to do? I'm assuming continue as stepchange advise and just keep sending them DMP letters but I really don't want bailiffs or court. I know it's my own fault, I completely accept that, and I've changed everything in my life so that I won't even consider borrowing again.