Alex v Barclays **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Many thanks for your comments, Dar3n, Janet and Claire.

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well thank you, Karne, my pleasure am sure. I don't think I would ever have got started without this site.

And all the help I have had from certain people in the past. ;)

Lex

• Haha 1

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

&

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi Every one, and thank you Karne

I Have just sent this letter to Plymouth County Court to call off the 'Dogs of War'

To Plymouth County Court

Claim Number 7PL00126

Claimant Mr Lexander

Defendant Barclays Bank Plc

Court Date May 3rd at 10:00am

Under District Judge ****

Dear Sirs and Your Honour,

I wish to discontinue my claim against Barclays Bank Plc. After further negotiations with the Defendant, I am pleased to say that this matter has been resolved to my satisfaction without having to proceed to court.

Please convey my appreciation to District Judge **** for granting me a early court date, and I regret that I had to resort to these measure’s to obtain a satisfactory conclusion to this case.

Yours faithfully

Lex

&

Excellent news Lex, congrats and well done :)

Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas

DAY 45: 27/10 - Data Non-Compliance sent off

DAY 67: 18/11 - N1 Deemed served

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70

59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80

179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs

254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I'm new to the forum and after months of being fobbed off by barclays i have finally applied to the courts. I have had no offers of settlement just the usual letters saying they are dealing with my complaint and will take 6-8 wks. I then went through the online money claim and since then barclays have filed a defence disputing the whole claim which totals £3200 including 8% interest that i have added through inconvenience of being taken for a mug by barclays. I am now just waiting for a court date. Any comments would be appreciated.thanks.x

Hiya, Maddy,

Sorry to be so slow in replying, no Internet for 24 hours :mad: .

What will happen now that Barclays have defended is MCOL will pass your case on to your local court.

Then, depending on the courts outlook you may get a A.Q. There are some guides here for you :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Once a court date has been set, you will need to complete a 'Court Bundle' to be with the court 14 days before the hearing

See here :- http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html

There is a lot more about 'Bundles' in the A-Z guide.

When the court bundles are due is about the time to think about phoning for a settlement, not really before.

Do you have a thread? if so let me know and I'll have a look.

Well done getting this far, you have a bit more waiting to do, but your nearly there !!!:D

Lex

&