Sky broadband and Talk misselling * Resolved

Anon80
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3653 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently phoned to cancel my contract with Sky as I had reached the end of the contract and had started sharing my neighbours wifi for £10 a month.

I spoke to a guy in the retentions department at Sky who offered me a deal of £12.70 a month which I thought was brilliant and I accepted as it was only £2.70 more than sharing wifi with my neighbour plus it included a phone line and up until now I'd been happy with Sky.

I asked the guy on the phone quite clearly "is this all I need to pay sky a month?" and he replied yes. I also asked him if it would stay that price for the full 12 months of the contract. He said it would remain the same.

Sky are charging me twice as much as this sales agent offered and Sky are refusing to listen to the conversation made with this sales agent. I had an email from them today to say they had phoned me and were going to put me through to another department to talk about some offers to reduce my bill.

I don't think this is good enough. I no longer trust anything they say on the phone and I certainly don't want to be phoned at dinnertime to be passed from department to department. I just want them to honour the contract I entered into.

Does anyone have any advice? as I don't think I should accept anything less than what I originally signed up for. Feel like I've been duped! Thanks in advance for any advice offered :O)

Do you have it in writing? If not, then you need to sar sky and specifically request that recording.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Renegadeimp

Thanks for your reply. No I had nothing in writing as it was done over the phone. I have asked Sky a number of times to listen to the recording but conveniently for them they just say not all calls are recorded and that there are no notes on my account. I've given them the name of the sales agent who made me the offer and have asked Sky to speak to him but they have ignored my requests so far.

I'll try with the subject access request

Thanks again :O)

• 1 month later...

I used to work for Sky mate, ALL calls are recorded. They work in teams who are lead by a CEL (customer experience leader) . this is usually the person they put on the phone when you ask for a supervisor. They have access to all recordings and it is their job for 'escalations' complaints. U need to either speak directly to a CEL and get that phonecall listened to - SAR should get you it if this doesnt. They have all dates of contact, they have dates of letters (and scanned copies) sent to you, they have all history of everything. Hope you sort it mate.

Hi Vjanon

Thanks for kindly offering some advice. Well...I've had to push it and push it!... many emails later (and denials that 'not all calls are recorded') I finally got someone to listen to the call after I mentioned to them I would like a subject access form. They confirmed that yes I was told it would be £12.70 however my account is showing that my package is now £15.20 *bangs head against the wall!*

Still trying to sort it out (think I might need that subject access form after all-will follow the link provided here) but it's good to have some 'inside info!' Thank you :O)

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd leave an update incase anyone else has a similar issue with Sky. Its finally sorted after almost 2 months... this week Sky credited my account with £30 because at the time of the call the sales agent also didn't mention I would be charged £2.50 a month for NOT having Sky tv?! (Eh?!) So now I'm paying £15.20 a month but taking the £30 credit into account it amounts to the £12.70 a month Sky told me I would be charged in the first place.

Sound advice not to accept what Sky say about 'not all calls are recorded' and to gain this information if necessary with a data access form. Don't bother asking Sky for a subject access form... I asked them 3 times in writing for one and still never received one (so thanks for the link in this forum) The response from Sky to my 2nd and 3rd request (requesting very clearly) for this form was: 'If you still wish to receive data access form please respond to my email' Aghh! Get a rubberised keyboard when dealing with Sky customer service so you have something soft and springy to hit your head repeatedly against.

Total palava, but sorted now, thanks for advice posters :O)