style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3722 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't know if anyone can cast light on this. I have several friends who have issues with the CSA. The CSA have gained CCJ's against my friends' partners, but they simply do not follow through in terms of enforcing them. One of these CCJ's is now well over 4 years old and there is no sign of one penny being forthcoming under the judgment.

With the new regulations coming in, is there anything HCEO's can do that would enable the likes of my friends (there must be many others in the same boat) to get the CSA to enforce the judgments? It seems very unfair that these Mums (though they could also be Dads in this situation I guess) are struggling financially because a properly formed organisation (the CSA) is doing nothing whatsoever to get judgements enforced.

As far as i am aware, its not ccjs that are obtained for csa arrears, they are court orders. And Rossendales have the contract to collect this type of debt. I can only assume (i'm sure someone will correct me if i am wrong) that they will be enforced in the same way as council tax come next week.

None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases.

Thank you - sorry for the delay in coming back, I'm in the middle of moving house. It's just at the moment the CSA aren't doing anything at present, so I assume sadly they'll continue to do nothing after tomorrow. It's frustrating for those who are left needing the money, when a court judgment is in place but they're doing nothing. Ah well!

My niece was awarded £x pw and her OH never paid.

Fast forward 17 years and with their youngest lad no longer a dependent he wanted the house sold to get his 'share'. It was only down to the fact we have a couple of 'legal's' in the family she decided to fight him on this. When they dug out all the old paperwork they found the court order she had forgotten about, a bit of probing found the order had not been enforced because he had claimed to be living and working in Japan... to cut it short...he did indeed have a property in Japan (bought with a work colleague) but had only worked there for 16 months before returning to the UK, Further enquiries with the CSA got them very interested in him, as he hadn't bothered to inform them to the 'change of circumstances'.

They tracked him down went through all his current and past business venture's, recalculated the amount he should have paid and then went back to Court.

Meanwhile the court hearing to the house came about and my niece was asked what value had been put on the property etc.obviously looking to what 'share of the equity' her OH could be entitled to (she had paid the mortgage for 15yrs) at which point she mentioned the outstanding due to her by way of the CSA (or whatever it was called at the time), there was 16K in equity which the Judge ruled his 'share' to be £3K but then took to deduct that from the £21k arrears owed to the CSA and made an order the £18k+ interest be paid forthwith.

I bet he wishes he hadn't given them a load of bullshot and lies....he now has a council flat and no job..Oh how the might has fallen!!!.

If any of your friends can go back with evidence the order can be enforced due to a change of circumstances, I have been given to understand the CSA will chase it up.They might need a push and a shove but it's always worth a try.

'.

That's helpful Wonkey Donkey thanks. That might fit for one of my friends who's ex-husband went abroad, but he's winning as he's living with a new partner and the house is hers so my friend is left with nothing. You hear so many nightmares about the CSA like this.

That's helpful Wonkey Donkey thanks. That might fit for one of my friends who's ex-husband went abroad, but he's winning as he's living with a new partner and the house is hers so my friend is left with nothing. You hear so many nightmares about the CSA like this.[/QU theOTE]

I forgot to mention ...he still never paid so they took away his driving licence, passport etc then the court hit him with threat of prison.. He was living with another woman at the time and they had two children together, I understand the Judge was not going to take any more of his bullshot or failed promises.even if he claimed to have 20 children and no job.....it was pay up or prison.... he paid. Split from his partner now but I wonder if he is paying her by AOB.

If the courts did this more often and the CSA pursued more often like this, they would get a lot more credibility. I'll point my friend to this thread as she may see something in it. I've watched her struggle and sacrifice and can't understand how any self respecting father can put his children through this ordeal. The children seem to be the weapon to get back at the estranged partner - I just couldn't do it, but I guess it takes all sorts. :|