Motormile Finance who to report them to?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3708 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son lost his job last year and was paying nearly all his dole money to Amigo Loans as they wouldnt accept a reduced payment he has now got a part time job, is still paying Amigo and wants to start paying some other bills that have got missed because of being unemployed and Amigos lack of understanding.

He has been receiving calls from this company MMF daily with threats of house visits from Mike on some occasions not all. I have recently started keeping a log of all calls and any names that are mentioned like the infamous "Mike". I've only been able to start this recently since buying an answer phone but the calls are daily Monday to Friday now and all come from the same number 01133 510050.

In March we actually had a visit by someone from Winterhill Chase who had been instructed by MMF to visit. My Son wasn't available and so I was just handed a letter from the caller.

This week we have emailed MMF telling them that no communication other than by post or email will be accepted and no appointments will be made for visits. A receipt for this email was received but just an automated reply.

My Son also offered to start making payments but we are unsure if to start making payments as Winterhill Chase say the payment has to be made to MMF and the reference number for this account is not the same as any reference numbers mentioned in the recorded messages, and we have no paperwork with any of the other reference numbers mentioned.

We have contacted MMF through their website and asked for any and all information held in my sons name also repeated that no other contact should be made other than in writing and any visits will result in the report of trespass. We are waiting for any response to this contact.

My question is who do we report MMF to for their practice of threatening and harassing phone calls, I have seen the OFT mentioned in some of these forums but on looking at their site they no longer exist as of 31st March 2014 we have told MMF we have reported them to the relevant authorities but we don't know who they are now but want to report them to show them we are not bluffing.

What do you meant they wont accept it? if they wont accept a reduced payment, you TELL them that they are getting a reduced payment. If you are on benefits, then they get a quid a month. End of.

Regarding MMF, ignore them and get a full complaint to Rob sands - Compliance director. mark it private and confidential. Also inform the OFT and FSA.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yea i didnt realise the date :/ Today it changed wasnt it?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Yea i didnt realise the date :/ Today it changed wasnt it?

Yes.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Looks like Winterhill Chase are part of the infamous Robinson Way Ltd

http://www.chase-solutions.com/

I have sent many e-mails and two letters sent by special delivery (which have been received/signed for this was nearly two weeks ago) to Rob Sands disputing the debt and the charges applied, asking for a breakdown of the debt and also sent a copy of the Doorstep visit letter from the CAG library but I have had no response from him/MMF

I have complained to the FCA regarding Motor Mile Finance so I wonder if that will move things along a tad?.

Sadly the FCA will not intervene in an individual dispute, but if you believe you are being treated unfairly, then you can and should make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?399260-Feel-that-you-ve-been-treated-unfairly-by-your-Payday-loan-lender-COMPLAIN-TO-THE-FOS!!

I would say that you have good reason to make a complaint. Did you identify your letter to MM as a Formal Complaint ? If not, then you should resend it and head it "FORMAL COMPLAINT". They are obliged to respond within 8 weeks either with a resolution that is satisfactory to both parties or to issue you with a Final Response letter, you can then take your complaint to the FOS.

If your letter was headed FC and you do not receive a response within 8 weeks from the date you sent it. Then take your complaint to the FOS and just advise they have totally ignored your complaint and you would now like to escalate to the Ombudsman.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Chase Solutions do send out doorstep agents if they say there are going to do so the visit will happen.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Thanks for all your help, still getting the phone calls, even a Saturday one which we have never had before, so they have ignored the emails sent, so just compiled a Formal Complaint to Rob Sands which will post today.

Re Chase Solutions, we have never heard of them before, MMF said they were visiting not sending a 3rd party, but they got the same reply.

Will let you know if get any replies and Thanks again.

Perhaps the alleged doorstep at MMF is on hols for Easter!! Most of the "departments" at MMF seem to run by 1 person with many different hats!

Chase is a tracing/Collection Arm, alongside Robinson Way and all are part of the Hoist Group headed by Najib Nathoo ex 1st Credit boss.

Since sending letter of Formal Complaint to Rob Sands we have not received any reply but the telephone calls have doubled to 2 a day and now state they are contacting their home visit panel to arrange visit without appointment.

Told them in Complaint letter to cease telephone calls, visitors will be met with trespass complaint and asked for proof of any and all debts my son may have with them as they quote 2 different reference numbers in phone calls and the letter handed over from the visit from the 3rd party quoted another different reference number. We dont know who the reference numbers belong to and no idea on amounts.

Any ideas on what we can do next would be greatly appreciated.

Simple. Get the regulators involved. Remember as well, that he has 56 days to resolve the complaint, so make sure you save a log of all calls, and letters to you to provide the regulator with a full log of evidence.

As has been said, they have 56 days to respond to a formal complaint and it appears from your posts that this time has not yet elapsed.

If you do not receive a satisfactory response (or any response at all) then that is the time when you can lodge a formal complaint with fos.

There is no point in getting into letter tennis with them while a formal complaint is in the system.

Having said that, if you do wish to send them a letter about the doorstepper, you can use the CAG template here and just amend it to suit.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387366-Harassment-amp-Threat-of-Doorstep-Visit

You can also hand a copy to anyone who might turn up and tell them to go forth.