• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Refinanced loan with Black Horse

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3632 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I would be very grateful if anybody can advice me what to do next with my PPI claim.

I received a letter from Black Horse some weeks ago saying I could be owed PPI from a loan for a car. I filled the form out and noticed that the term of the loan was incorrect. I checked my own records, which as this was from 2003 was not much, and found a copy of a credit report from 2010 which showed a loan starting in oct 2003 running until apr 2006 and then been replaced with a loan running from apr 2006 running until Nov 2011.

I informed Black Horse of this on the claim form.

They have recently sent a reply saying I am entitled to a refund on the second loan but not on the first. When I contacted their helpline about this they explained that the initial loan had been paid off and replaced with the second, as they termed it Refinanced.

This was nothing to do with myself Black Horse just did this. In fact I cannot remember this happening.

My question is did they refinace it to include PPI or did both loans include PPI but as the other is older they don't have any paperwork so they know they don't have to pay out? I have both policy numbers but no paperwork.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Rob

Time for a SAR to them to get all of the data they hold on you.

I don't see how they could give you a new refinancing loan without your knowledge or agreement to this so you need to find out what went on.

Template for SAR is in the CAG library. Make sure you add a line that says it is to include copies of all and any agreements you have had with them.

There is a £10 statutory fee for SAR and they will have 40 days to comply.

I wouldn't give up on the first loan - I had a string of refinanced loans (i.e. all but the last settled by the next) and went after Lloyds for all of them. It makes things more complicated for them as they have to work out what the new (lower) original amount on a refinance loan should have been if the previous one had not had PPI - ie if PPI was mis-sold you effectively overpaid up until the point that the loan was settled - not sure how much sense that makes but for me it added a lot to the sum I received as the overpayments had to be rolled into several following loans and for me in the end the last one no longer existed - Lloyds had to pay me to settle it.

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

Thanks for the reply RedVixen.

What I've done so far is sar Black Horse as per ims21's advice. I have also written to Vicky Watts at Black Horse advicing her I do not accept their offer as final settlement of both accounts. I did mention in the letter that if I had PPI on the refinanced loan I surely had it on the original loan. I don't know if logic is anything these people use when determining these things but we will see.

Cheers for all your help so far and I will post as soon as I hear something

Rob

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All

I have just received a reply to my SAR request from Black Horse. Not that much to read so that should help.

They have sent a copy of the original agreement which shows PPI added on to the original loan at a total cost of £1660.32 which includes the charge for credit.

How do I play this now? We obviously were unaware of the PPI or I would have claimed earlier and at the time we took out the loan I was self employed.

Is my best bet to write back to Black Horse telling them I was self employed or go down the road we were unaware we had it.

Your input will be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Rob

Ok thanks.

Forgot to ask earlier....have they given any reasons why they are not paying out on the first one or has it just not been considered by them at all at this point?

Yes its been considered and their response is basically 'after considering the evidence and documentation available to us, we have not found any evidence that your PPI was mis-sold'.

i believe thats why they had to send a copy of the original agreement or else what evidence could they have considered.

Ok what I would do is challenge them on this point then.

Reading their excuse it seems pretty flimsy to me. Ask them to give precise details as to why they do not believe the first policy was mis-sold and tell them again that you were self employed at the time and that the PPI policy would have been useless to you.

Tell them that you are quit prepared to have fos have a look at this and you will be referring it on should they not reconsider their position.

If you have had a final decision from them then bear in mind that you have six months from that decision to lodge a complaint with fos so keep and eye n your time line as far as that is concerned.

A successful claim on the first loan will also impact on the amount of redress for the second one since it was a refinance of an earlier loan.

• 1 month later...

Hi All

Just spoken to the FOS as Black Horse have rejected my claim again and the FOS have told me that Black Horse were unregulated between 2003 and 2005 and therfore they cannot investigate my complaint.

Is this the end of the road?

cheers

Rob

Ok I'll do some more digging.

By the way, how was that first agreement taken out?

What reasons did they give for not upholding the complaint on that first loan?

Hi IMS

The agreement was taken out with the loan. I have a copy of the original agreement showing the £6k loan with a separate section showing an additional £1171.28 for a payment protection plan.

They have not responded to my second request for not upholding my claim. I called them today, and after a conversation with a call center worker, I was told they had tried to contact me by phone on several occasions but I had not answered they now consider the matter closed and if I wished to pursue it further I should contact the FOS.

I may have missed calls from them but I do not have any answer phone messages.

Cheers

Rob

What I meant was how was the loan agreement taken out?...in a branch, at a dealership or other?

Nice of them to tell you to go to fos if they were not under fos jurisdiction at the time.

I would write and tell them that you require the reasons why they have not upheld the complaint on the first loan.

You might also get in touch with fos and tell them to go for the underwriter which was probably Lloyds Insurance Services who I am sure were regulated in those days.

Hi

Just to let you know I've written Black Horse again demanding a reply to my original letter as to why my claim has been rejected.I have asked not to call me but to reply in writing.

Once I get something I'll take it from there.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Still no reply from Black Horse as to why they have rejected my claim.

I have also read through the terms and conditions with the original application form and it states 'If you take out creditor insurance with this agreement, any insurance premiums we collect from you will be held by us as an agent of LLoyds TSB Insurance services Ltd'. Does this mean I can go after LLoyds directly via FOS?

Cheers

Rob

Hi all

FOS have confirmed Lloyds TSB Ins services were under their jurisdiction in 2003 and have advised me to pursue my claim against them.

I will send a letter today and see what happens.