Help with Child tax credits please.

tamryel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Me and my husband have been receiving tax credits since 2009 without a problem. They have had my day of birth out by 1 day ever since we started to claim, we have informed them on a number of occasions but nothing has been done about it. Today we received an Amended tax notification which stated we would be over paid by £19.

My husband called them and its because they have stopped our claim?? Apparantly, they had sent a form out to me back in January so i could send my birth certificate to them to prove my real date of birth. We never received this so obviously have not sent it back. Now we will not be getting child tax credits until we send my birth certificate off (another form has been sent out apparantly). Our problem is, we were due it tomorrow (4th April) and it is our only source of income this week. We have 2 children aged 2 and 5 and no one we can borrow money off. What can we do, if anything?

Also, when it is reinstated, will it be back dated to when they stopped it?

If it's been stopped in error or pending receipt of a document then it should be backdated when it's reinstated.

Otherwise I'm afraid I don't know how best to handle this as I'm not a Tax Credits person. But hopefully this will bump your thread and someone more knowledgeable will be along soon.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.