Unlawful CRS charges

ara111
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3720 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am new on this site. My problem is with CRS debit collection services.

I cancelled my membership in golds gym on the last month of the contract. But they passed the £40 debit to CRS and they added £123 for recovery costs. And same thing for my wife. So it's £123 each of us. Could you give me any advice please? Do they have a right to do things like that?

We don't mind to pay £40 each to the gym, but extra charges of £123 each is a bit too much.

We would appreciate any advice.

Hi there ara111. We have some very experienced people here who can help you out. Sit tight and theyll be around asap.

Needless to say, you don't need to pay those silly charges.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Ara,

Can you tell us :-

1. When your 12 month m/ship was due to end.

2. When did you tell the gym of your intent to cancel .......

3. .......... and by what method did you tell them.

They should be unable to enforce the stupid charges they've added on in admin fees.

Was Harlands doing the admin on this. If so, they and CRS will try to tell you their admin charges are approved by The OFT and tested in many court cases. This is rubbish !!

Keep everything in writing only and, if they call you, tell them to write and then hang up.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

1. Our membership was due to end 05/07/2013

2. I sent them an email regarding our intent to cancel on 21/06/2013

3. The last Payment through direct debit was done to them 3/06/2013

4. I cancelled direct debit after i sent them cancellation letter.

I am not sure if Harlands was doing admin, i receive letters from CRS. And they keep calling me and my wife every day. We even stopped answering their calls.

Hi Ara,

I think you'll find that according to the m/ship T&C's, if you wanted to cancel the m/ship from 5th July 2013, you should have given one month's notice. So your notice should have been given on or before 5th June.

Because you gave notice on 21st June, you should have paid the DD due at the start of July, so the m/ship would end on 5th August.

See the thread here and adapt the letter I wrote - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?414496-Lifestyle-Fitness-amp-Credit-Resolution-Services&p=4440338&viewfull=1#post4440338

Send the letter to Golds Head Office and send a copy to CRS. Tell Gold's you now realise that you should have paid one further months' fee and you're prepared to offer this but you will NOT pay any admin fees. Make it a time-limited offer of 14 days.

Do separate letters for your own and YW's m/ships but you can send them in the same envelopes.

Keep us updated.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)