HSBC / First Direct operating over their remit

Heropanda
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3729 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just had a fairly heated discussion with First Direct after they labelled my current account as being 1 Payment Late.

My first thought was that this was ridiculous as it was a current account which wasn't at that time in an overdraft or anything. It turns out they put it on there because a direct debit that i was in the process of changing had been returned unpaid.

This payment was ultimately collected on the second attempt seven days later and was to a mobile phone provider. My argument was that whether or not this payment was made on time or not it had nothing to do with First Direct and my standing with the bank in terms of credit reference agencies. IF the mobile phone provider were to put a one month late flag for a 7 day delay then that's one thing but i don't understand how a bank can claim i'm a payment behind to them for someone elses debt.

The guy eventually relented and agreed to remove the flag as a 'special gesture' but it strikes me as a grossly unfair practice that needs to be challenged and i wondered what everyone's thoughts were before i took it further...