Change from 8 week rota to a 6 week rota (Overtime/hours owed)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3745 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So my work has reduced our 8 person team down to a 6 person team and consequently changed the shift from an 8 week rota to a 6 week one. We would work an average of 37.5 hours per week over the 8 weeks and 38.5 over the 6 week.

I raised this with my manager and wondered if there would be an adjustment in pay for any extra hours worked as a result of the shift pattern change. I have been told that some of us will be getting a payout and some will end up owing hours back to the company.

No new contracts have been issued and we are now working on average an extra 1 hour per week. Is this common/legal? Is there a way for calculating the difference in time owed/Overtime Owed for these kinds of circumstances?

Are you salaried or hourly paid? How exactly are the shift patterns made up?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Week1 - Tuesday Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday

Week2 - Monday, Thursday Friday

Week3 - Tuesday Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday

Week4 - Monday, Thursday Friday

Week5 - Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun (nights)

Week6 - Off.

All 12 hour shifts including lunch. 08:00 - 20:00 for days and 20:00 - 08:00 for nights. It's a salary

Sorry Sudsy, I meant whether, if (for instance) you were say a delivery driver using the motorway in the course of your work, not how you get to work! Sorry for the confusion ;)

Oh. HA. Sorry. No it's broadcasting so no motorways.