Santander have told me to change my current account - big problem.

mickrick
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3745 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got a letter from Santander a couple of months ago telling me that I have to change my current account from a Premier account to another. This poses huge problems for me as I have used the same account since I became an account holder with A&L in 1986.

My mortgage, home and contents insurance, salary and esa and dla all operate through this account, not even taking my overdraft into account, but there is an even more pressing matter. On May 3rd, my 50th birthday, I will be pensioned off on ill health grounds from work. I received word yesterday, March 7th, that I will have a hefty lump sum paid on that date and I have to nominate a bank account to have it paid to.

This should now be a time of joy as I will be paying off my mortgage, overdraft, credit cards, credit union loans, all the regular monthly bills that hang over our heads, leaving us debt free for the rest of our lives. Instead I have the worry of having to find a new suitable current account, have it activated and all our regular incoming and outgoing expenses set up.

And to make matters worse, my sister works for Santander and even she has told me that theres no way I could possibly be operating a new account in this timescale.

Can anyone give me any hints or tips for what I can do ?

Find a new bank and transfer? Takes around a week from start - finish and every dd etc is transferred.

Did santander give any reason for what they said?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Bank Switcher Guarentee Works a treat here. Youll beable to move no problem.

Speak to another bank, make an appointment and go in and see them. Should take 7 days as mentioned above.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

If I remember correctly the Premier account is the one which comes with free travel insurance

I thought all that was going to happen was that your account would change to the Everyday account. So you'll still keep your existing sort code and account number - so no need to take any action with your mortgage, salary etc.

Once again some of the regular posters here have not taken the time to actually properly read and understand a posters issue. They are too concerned at trying to create problems with banks rather than actually solve them.

Thats why I posted all the relevant options linked to Santanders accounts in post #3 above.

" I got a letter from Santander a couple of months ago telling me that I have to change my current account from a Premier account to another."

Another being another Santander account.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread