Default dated after CCJ

mrs_w
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3765 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have an account that was made into a CCJ in 2007, it has now been removed from my credit file as the 6 years has been and gone.

I have checked my file and the account is still showing on Noddle and Equifax, it is in the closed accounts section but it has a default date of 09/09/2008 so it will not be removed till this September.

From what i have read the CCJ should be the final outcome of this account and the default date should of been dated before the CCJ date and thus already left my credit file, I also went BR in March 2008 and this was included so i am assuming the date of this default should be the CCJ date or my BR date at the very latest,

is this correct, should i be writing to the company to get this changed?

Thanks

Hi Welcome to CAG,

Noddle uses 2nd hand data and is often not up to date it seems.

The default date would have been before the CCJ.

This is going to be difficult to unravel unless you have the documents relating to the court claim and the actual debt.

The default would start the process of pursuing court action and in my opinion would be well be for the claim was raised.

What company is listed as the owner of the debt on the CRA record?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks for replying

The debt is direct with Northern Rock, I have spoken to Noddle and they have said they will contact NR bit I've not heard anything from them in 6 weeks.

I don't have any paperwork but I do have which court, date, amount etc and ref of the CCJ from an old credit report I printed

Ok, Is this NRAM now? Was this a mortgage account/loan account??

I suggest that you make Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act 1998 (SAR) this requires NR to supply all data they hold on you and the account.

The cost is £10.00 (statutory fee) and NR have 40 days to supply the data, there is a template for this in the CAG Library.

I would recommend phrasing the request as follows

This request is for all data relating to my account with NR including but not limited to:

1. The default notice relating to the account.

2. All data relating to the County Court Claim issued on xxxxxxxxx.

Get this done asap then we may be able to get the full picture.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: