Collectia Enforcement Services - Not sure what to do next, Can anyone help / advise please?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3779 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have the above mentioned demanding an outstanding amount of £590.00.

I do not know what this amount is for or where this originated from.

Collectica themselves are not able to tell me either when I contacted them, just that it was for a non motoring offence dating 2007.

They put any action on hold for 28days for me to try and trace what the sum is for. They gave me contact numbers for the local Magistrates (Stratford), and for Port Talbot, saying that the debt had been transferred from there.

Stratford simply stated they did not deal with transfers and referred me back to Collectica.

Port Talbot could not find any information, they said they checked all four systems and nothing was coming up on my name. They said, dating 2007, this was pre the systems they have in place now and without more information about the debt, like the originating Court, could not help any further.

I went back to Collectica and relayed to them what I had been told.

I was told that was incorrect, even though they cannot tell me the originating Court, Port Talbot can find it, they keep diaries and can locate by date. Collectica put another 28day hold on the account.

I contacted Port Talbot again telling them what I had been told by Collectica, only for Port Talbot to inform me that Collectica were incorrect. The lady even checked with a senior colleague if there was any way they could help to trace the information.

They were unable to help but advised that Collectica must have the information because they cannot accept the transfer without the information.

I am completely confused and don't know what to do next as now I have received a Pre Removal Notice from Collectica dated 5th Feb - (2nd 28 day stay was up 5th Feb)

Can they enforce given that I know nothing about this and they themselves cannot tell me what it's for? Is the alleged debt even mine?

Thanks for your time

I think you need to send Collecitca a recorded delivery letter asking for a copy of the court warrant they have been provided with and copies of any instructions they have received from the courts. Advise them that the courts you have contacted as suggested by Collectica have no knowledge of any outstanding matter in your name.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It would not be the first time Collectica had done a faulty trace as in the wrong J Smith Do you recall any non motoring offences in Port Talbot in 2007. dsid you live, or visit there in 2007, if not I would be asking the court some serious questions.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

used to be one of Phillip's bailiffs favourite trick

not been pulled for a few years

since they became collectica first one I've heard.

NO paperwork from the court mr bailiff?

no money buggger off till you do have it

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you unclebulgaria!

I have checked the paperwork that I have and I have gotten a little muddled. Please forgive me.

It was not Collectica that I spoke to it was the London Collection Compliance Center. They have instructed Collectica.

I am very worried as the Notice of Distress warrant (on Collectica headed paper) says

2. the bailiff may force entry to your premises to execute this warrant (under DVCV Act)

I have no idea what that Act is

Again much Thanks for your time

Brassnecked - thank you for replying

Oddly the questions you ask are exactly the same questions Port Talbot asked me, had I ever worked/ lived/ driven through Wales.

No is the answer to all those questions

But which court to ask questions to, as it appears the originating court is unidentified?

I wonder whether it is some DVLA motoring issue that has ended up with a court fine. Although it says non motoring, it could relate to not informing DVLA or sending something to them on time. DVLA are based in Swansea, hence Wales being mentioned.

As the London Collection & Compliance centre have instructed Collectica, I think you should pursue it with them further. Have they given Collectica your name and address or is it Collectica that have done a trace to your address.

Unclebulgaria ..... I am not a driver. I have never driven. I have never owned a car or any other motorised vehicle.

I do not know whether Collectica or London Collection did trace, how would i find that out please?

Unclebulgaria ..... I am not a driver. I have never driven. I have never owned a car or any other motorised vehicle.

I do not know whether Collectica or London Collection did trace, how would i find that out please?

If Collectica were instructed by the London collection people, then contact the London collection people again with the reference given. Advise them that you have never had any Magistrates court issue, no car so not DVLA related and think that Collectica have traced the wrong person. Ask to register a complaint to get this resolved.

interesting bit on this 'supposed' right of entry dvda...

"The MOJ has stressed that the Guidance document requested by the complainant is not provided to all bailiffs

but only to ‘specific people enforcing specific warrants’,

namely CEOs and AEAs.

Furthermore,

the powers of search and entry under the DVCV Act only apply to CEOs and AEAs where there is a warrant for arrest, detention or commitment

in proceedings or in connection with any criminal offence.

They cannot therefore be used to enforce civil debts."

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

whats the bit about it being a non motoring offence

yet you bring up about not ever driving?

dx

dx

and they

sorry dx100uk,

what are CEOs and AEAs please?

also I don't understand your last reply. I bought it up because people who answered thought it may have something to do with the DVLA.

on the Collectica headed paper - Notice of Distress Warrant ; underneath the outstanding amount it states : For the Offence of : Non Standard Summary Non Motoring Offence.

If indeed it is motor vehicle related, then Collectica have screwed up, if WorriedFrog, does not drive, and doesn't own a car, hasn't been to Wales???????

However a non specified non motoring offence, could be anything from drunk and disorderly, or a fixed penalty fine not paid, no ticket on train

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

searching on that description

appears to mean its

not a standard summary offence, not relate to motoring....

its been to court the person has been fined and Phillips [aka collectica]

have been given the job to collect the fine

hence the pre-removal notice

they must be after money for the fine.

very very strange affair!!

I feel for you

if you've never been there how the **** can they fine you.

must be bad trace

dx

that 'someone using your details' or 'that a bad trace has occurred'

which has dumped this at your doorstep

and they

UUUghh!!

so I don't know what it's for, those in authority do not seem able to tell me what it's for ....so can it be enforced?

Unfortunately yes, however if they cannot find any proper records, or provide proof of offence I would contact your MP, and ask them to kick the muppets in HMCS and Collectica.

they have to be sure you ARE the person named on the warrant.

dx

and they

they have to be sure you ARE the person named on the warrant.

dx

Exactly so DX, BUT Collectica like other bailiffs don't care if they harass the wrong person or a third party, just so long as someone, anyone pays them.

gulp! ok .. thank you very much dx, brassnecked and unclebulgaria for all your time, advice and help today.

Not sure what i'm going to do next.... guess i'm going to contact London Collection tomorrow and try and find out what the h*ll is going on.

Will post an update after.

Wish me Luck as I think I'm going to need it.... along with a huge amount of patience looks like :p

to be honest

if i were to strip away all the doubts etc

this sounds just like what Phillips used to do

and why they changed their name too I think.

they would find a non collected fine

get involved through devious routes

and fleece people

there was even a time whereby they were sending out Debt Collection letters

under their DCA wing, whereby they were threatening committal to prison!!

which ofcourse no DCA can do..

do you even know when the warrant was issued?

dx

and they

I would write to your MP anyway, you can do it online now via http://www.writetothem.com

Sorry but I have been "off the radar" trying to write a report about the new regs and fee scale that come on board on 6th April.

In this particular case, it should be a very SIMPLE matter of contacting the CORRECT court ( which now appears to be the London Collection & Compliance Centre) which deals with the admin for a number of courts.

They will tell you what the fine is for. If this is a fine that you had not received a summons about ( a very common scenario) then once again it is a very SIMPLE procedure of asking the court for permission to file a Statutory Declaration. If accepted, this will void the action.

You have 21 days from 'becoming aware of the fine" to file a Stat Dec. Today will be taken as Day One.

Please post back once you have spoken to the court.