VCS Speculative invoice- i put in wrong Reg Number - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3773 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if I can please ask for some advice on behalf of my OH.

We went to Birmingham the other week and parked in one of the pay and display car parks.

I purchased the ticket allowing plenty of time (we still have the ticket)

however today have had through the post a £60 fine.

It turns out I have put 2 digits of our number plate wrong.

Stupid mistake I know.

Vehicle control services Ltd have sent the letter.

Can anyone please advise what to do as it was my genuine mistake

and as I said I do still have the parking ticket.

We cannot afford any marks on my Ohs credit record as we are soon to get a mortgage.

Many thanks

Not a fine. Its a parking charge notice. The only carparks that can end in a fine is council ran carparks, or railway carparks covered under a specific bylaw.

You have proof of the payment i take it? If so, appeal to the PPC, who will reject your appeal anyway, and get a POPLA code from them. Appeal to popla showing you paid, and boom. You win. Oh and it will cost the PPC a bit, and wont cost you anything.

Also, a PPC speculative invoice wont appear on your credit record unless they take you to court, you lose, and you fail to pay the money within a month of the judgement.

However, it wont get anywhere near court. These companies will lie and cheat to force you to part with money they have no right to have.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi

And relax!

Nothing will happen. VCS are a private parking company and as such can do very little. You have not received a fine only a speculative invoice.

You paid for parking. It matters not that you got the details wrong.

Appeal, do not identify the driver, put any old reason you want cos VCS will reject you anyway then go to POPLA.

Highly unlikely anything will go to court.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

In fact somebody has just won a POPLA appeal against another company (SIP) over exactly the same matter:-

I just won a POPLA appeal against this company.

If you haven't already, appeal the charge based on the fact you paid the money to them (albeit for a different vehicle)

They have therefore suffered no financial loss.

In this case it was a "ringo" type situation and they phoned in the registration of their other car by mistake . But the argument is still the same -ticket paid for, therefor no loss.

Follow all the above advice. You may see in some places that you should merely ignore the ticket. Do not ignore. Read these forums and you sill soon understand about the assertive approach you need to take. Use the Popla process as advised - but even if that fails, you should still resist the ticket. These companies tend to make their money out of people who do not object but who simply pay up through fear.

railway car parks imp?

not if issued by a PPC.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Would I just write please-

I wish to apeal against the (REF NUMBER) due to the fact that we paid for a valid parking ticket for the time we used the cap park for therefore you have suffered no financial loss. The fact that by mistake we entered 2 letters of the cars reg plate is unimportant. I enclose a copy of the ticket for your information - Yours Sincerely Mrs Unhappy

Would I just write please-

I wish to apeal against the (REF NUMBER) due to the fact that we paid for a valid parking ticket for the time we used the cap park for therefore you have suffered no financial loss. The fact that by mistake we entered 2 letters of the cars reg plate is unimportant. I enclose a copy of the ticket for your information - Yours Sincerely Mrs Unhappy

Yep. But add that you expect a POPLA validation code if this appeal is rejected.

Also make sure you are appealing as the registered keeper, so change the wording slightly.

You need to much more assertive, it's not about what happened on the day, you need to challenge their legal right to issue such charges

Dear xxxxx

As the registered keeper of (reg) I'm in receipt of your parking invoice xxxxxx dated xxxxxx. I wish to invoke your appeals process as all liability to your company is denied on the following:

1) The amount being claimed is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss to your company or the landowner

2) Your signage does not comply with the BPA Code of Practice

3) You are not the landowner and do not have the capacity to offer contracts or to bring a claim for trespass

4) The driver paid, the fact that an error was made typing in a reg number does cause any loss to you. A copy of the ticket is enclosed.

These points and others will be raised with POPLA should you not accept this appeal, and you will be expected to provide a full breakdown of your alleged loss, and your full unredacted contract with the landowner.

If you do reject the challenge and insist on taking the matter further I must inform you that I may claim my expenses from you. The expenses I may claim are not exhaustive but may include the cost of stamps, envelopes, travel expenses, legal fees, etc. By continuing to pursue me you agree to pay these costs when I prevail.

Any communication that does not either confirm cancellation or include a POPLA verification code shall be reported to the BPA as a breach of their Code of Practice - the BPA recently issued guidance to all members to remind them of this fact. Such communication may also be deemed harassment and pursued accordingly.

Registered Keeper

Do not sign your name - Just print it

NO need for all that, as they will reject your appeal no matter what you say. otherwise theyd make no money. Their whole business is based on tricking people into believing they must pay the PPC.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

NO need for all that, as they will reject your appeal no matter what you say. otherwise theyd make no money. Their whole business is based on tricking people into believing they must pay the PPC.

There is no reason not to send a firmly worded appeal, as you say their whole business is based on tricking people into believing you must pay. A strong appeal shows them that they're not dealing with a mug who is going to give into them.

It is almost certain that they will reject the appeal, but several PPC have finally realised the futility of throwing £27 away with every POPLA appeal, so it is possible that they will cancel. Even if (when) they don't cancel the ticket it will show that you're not a candidate to be messed around. PPCs will do anything to avoid handing out POPLA codes, it does no harm at all to show you know how to deal with them from the outset.

Very true. It does show that. They will ALWAYS reject the appeal. They know that they make more than enough money from unsuspecting people to more than cover the cost of POPLA.

I know its hard to believe, but some PPCs are actually accepting a very very small percentage of appeals. Of course it's got nothing to do with mittigating circumstances, or any sort of "goodwill" and everything to do with them knowing that a clued up appellant has 100% chance of winning at POPLA, costing them £27 and a load of hassle presenting their case.

I know its hard to believe, but some PPCs are actually accepting a very very small percentage of appeals. Of course it's got nothing to do with mittigating circumstances, or any sort of "goodwill" and everything to do with them knowing that a clued up appellant has 100% chance of winning at POPLA, costing them £27 and a load of hassle presenting their case.

Your appeal letter could just show that they are clued up on copy and pasting from the Internet....

Where as the OP's original draft is simple and shows that they understand that no financial loss has occurred...

Either way we know the companies that we are dealing with aren't the cleverest, and will more than likely reject any way.

Your appeal letter could just show that they are clued up on copy and pasting from the Internet....

Where as the OP's original draft is simple and shows that they understand that no financial loss has occurred...

Either way we know the companies that we are dealing with aren't the cleverest, and will more than likely reject any way.

There's no harm in being clued up enough to copy and paste from the internet, we've all learned about PPC shenanigans and how to deal with them on the internet.

I really don't understand the logic of not sending a firm and assertive letter that between the lines says to them ;

1. I'm not a dumb sucker who is going to fall for your mis-representation of authority

2. I know how to deal with fake PCNs from private parking companies

3. You are going to get nothing but hassle out of me

4. You're going to have to cough up £27 and go through the bother of a POPLA appeal

5. You're going to lose

It costs nothing to fire these shots over their bows, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain, so why not just do so???

Of course I agree, they will almost certainly still reject, but they will know they have taken on a "problem client"

There's no harm in being clued up enough to copy and paste from the internet, we've all learned about PPC shenanigans and how to deal with them on the internet.

I really don't understand the logic of not sending a firm and assertive letter that between the lines says to them ;

1. I'm not a dumb sucker who is going to fall for your mis-representation of authority

2. I know how to deal with fake PCNs from private parking companies

3. You are going to get nothing but hassle out of me

4. You're going to have to cough up £27 and go through the bother of a POPLA appeal

5. You're going to lose

It costs nothing to fire these shots over their bows, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain, so why not just do so???

Of course I agree, they will almost certainly still reject, but they will know they have taken on a "problem client"

The OP's draft is specific to their situation and shows they know that there is no loss involved. VCS could see that they should not go anyfurther as the OP understands what this is about. Loss to the land owner through breach of contract.

Your appeal draft states most of the other reasons that we know are wrong with these invoices, that are common to most ppc's, so if one upheld that intial 'generic' appeal draft, then it would soon be all over the net and so no ppc would uphold it as an initial appeal.

And what we are trying to do is get the invoice cancelled the easiest way for the newbie...

And we know they make their money by not cancelling at the first opportunity.