DMP - Advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3781 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have been in a debt management plan for two years. I have been able to maintain payments until four months ago when due to change in circumstances (long term sick and Wife out of work) have only been paying a token payment of £1.00 to my creditors a month. It is a non-fee paying company.

Most of the creditors have sold the debts on to debt collection agencies.

Couple of questions please if anyone can help:-

I have never asked for proof that these debts are enforceable (is it a CCA I request).

Two of the creditors are still adding ridiculous charges/interest despite being aware of the situation.

With these charges I am not making any headway at all.

Thanking you in advance for any advice you can give.

pgtips

Hi Annie,

Thank you for your response.

I will check all the paperwork. The ones that are adding the charges are Natwest/RBS. I know one of them is in respect of a business account. I did write to them on numerous occasions, evening recording delivery of letters, but they kept passing the matter to different in-house departments and never got anywhere.

Most of the other debts are store cards, credit card, personal loans etc.

Do I CCA all of them?

Thank you.

Is the business debt, a loan or current account ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You might consider writing to them and asking if they would cease adding interest and charges - there is little point in making token payments if the debt does not reduce.

You will find a draft letter in the CAG library - highlighted in Green at the top left of the screen that you could send.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi

I was a sole trader. The property is mortgaged with approximately £120k equity. The creditors in the DMP amount to approximately £45k. I am hoping that our circumstances change in as much as my wife has commenced self employment although it is a little slow at the moment. I have a Tribunal Hearing pending for an ESA Appeal and can't see me working for the foreseeable future through spinal problems.

Thank you for your help it is appreciated.

Leave the postal orders blank and make sure they are crossed.

I would send them to whoever is chasing you. If they do not own the debt they will either pass it on or return it and tell you who to send it to.

RBS are particulary difficult in demanding a signature which you do not have to give. You could use anti tamper or sign it differently to normal and keep a copy.