Irishlass v Abbey

irish_lass
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6252 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i sent my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on 15th Aug i handed it in at my branch along with a cheque for £10 (cash not acceptable). they dated it there and then and agreed the 40 days would start on that day

i received my first lot of statements a week or 2 later :D then nothing.

the 40 days expired i sent them another letter 26th sep a copy to my branch and a copy to head office telling them they had a further 7 days or i would see them in court and i received the rest of my statements a week later.;)

i have now checked on all charges on both accounts and they have had a little over £2000. :x in one day they took a total of £318 (10 charges) :eek: there should be a limit.

i am about to send a letter asking for it all back i will keep you posted :-)

hey irishlass, keep to the template letters and youll be fine.

most of the irish banks are in other institutions

-----------------------------------------------

Mortgage Express charges- settled in full after issuing claim

------------------------------------------------

To view the FAQ'S click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

To view the PRELIM letter click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

To view the Letter Before Action click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

To find Registered Address:

http://www.esd.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/esd/search.asp

If my advise helps click here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/reputation.php?p=366404

• 1 month later...

i received standard letter saying sorry you unhappy have a bit of money back i was offered £110 of the £2002 owed and have sent the following letter:

Thank you for your letter dated 20th November 2006

I respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, totalling £2002.39

I will accept the sum of £110.00 offered as a gesture of your good will, only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder, with a County Court claim if necessary.

My letter before action sent previously indicates that you had until 24th November 2006 to respond before Court action commences. I will however give you a further 14 days before I commence legal proceedings, as a gesture of my good will.

I trust this clarifies my position.

• 3 months later...

well the abbey dont want to pay i issued the county court summons on 28th feb and have had a letter from them:

We are in the process of reviewing this claim and preparing our response. A defence will be filed in due course.

In the meantime, we note that you have claimed the sum of £2400.39 in respect of charges that you say have been made on your abbey account. However, you have provided no details as to how this sum has been calculated or your bank account number. Similarly, you have not prvided details of the interest, showing how that amount is made up with reference to each charge.

As you will appreciate, you will need to produce evidence to the court regarding these amounts, and this information should have been supplied by you when you filed your claim. We should be grateful if you would provide such details to us as soon as possible.

It would also be helpful at this stage if you can provide e-mail and telephone contact details to us.

Is this a standard letter they send out when they receive a summons???

which i am replying to with the following:

Further to your letter of 5th March 2007, which I have received , I am disappointed to note that you have not received the schedule of charges I am reclaiming. Especially since a copy of the schedule was sent 27th October 2006, and a further copy on 28th February 2007.

To assist you, I herewith attach another copy of the schedule of charges which was compiled from the original bank statements, all of which I still have.

The interest claimed is as per the court‘s own instructions and is listed individually against each reclaimed charge and continues to accrue daily.

I am aware of the evidence I am required to produce for court, this did not however have to be included when the claim was filed, i did in fact make enquiries regarding this. I am grateful for the guidance in your letter.

This letter has my telephone number, as you have requested for my home, my mobile and my place of work, at the letterhead, I am a current customer of Abbey and as such you already have these details on file. My email address is **********@********** and as an online banker with Abbey you also have this information too.

My account numbers were clearly included with my claim form as with all correspondence sent to you.

All the hassle and cost of court, preparing evidence etc. can be avoided if you were to send me a banker’s cheque for £2520.39 which comprises £2002.39 refund of excessive unfair charges, £238.00 interest to date and £120 refund of court fee. I will accept this figure including the quoted interest figure by banker’s cheque to my address no later than 30th March 2007, after this I will expect to reclaim additional interest as it accrues.

You have my contact details, I look forward to hearing from you, at least to advise me that you have received this schedule of charges.

This is a standard fob off, I recieved the same old thing from them, I think if they actually less time using delay tactics and more time settling people's claims then it would be easier on the poor people employed to deal with the claims. I simply sent them another copy and said more or less what you have.

• 1 month later...

Irishlass I had the same stuff from Abbey which is clearly a delaying tactic. I am heading for the local NI court on the 2nd May unless Abbey pay up next week. If I can be of any help PM me or write it here.

Today I got a defence letter from Arthur Cox in Belfast which again is standard letter (yawn) as I have seen it on several threads in CAG.

I am putting together my reply over the weekend so it will put the ball back into Abbeys court.

InspC

Abbey - £1100 - Court 18/05/07 - Won in Full 12/05/07

First Direct - Next (pending as 6+ years)

MBNA - PPI charges - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Started 10/05/07

abbey made me an offer of half my claim which i politely turned down, i have received my allocation questionaire, filled it in and took it up to the court together with the £100 fee, which i assume i can claim back

You certainly can claim the £100 fee back. Referring to ingleby's comment of 14th March, you'd think Abbey's shareholders and parent Company (Santander) would have a huge problem with Abbey wasting vast sums of their money on these pointless delaying tactics! It would be far cheaper for them to just pay up.

All the best with your claim - Adam

I do my best to be helpful, but at the end of the day I'm not a professional - please seek further advice if you're not sure. On the other hand, if I have helped, please click my scales - thanks ;)

Current Claims (all for friends!) -

Abbey - over £4k - Court claim issued & AQ filed ('Tish vs Abbey'). Alloc'n Hearing 21 Sept - Claim stayed 29/8/07.

Cap One - just under £2k - WON (just over 2k!)('Tish vs Cap One')

Cap One - just under £1000 - WON (just over £1k) Nov 07 (JimmyBoy vs Cap One)

Lloyds TSB - £3.5k - Court claim issued, defence rec'd and AQ filed; Alloc'n hearing 7th Sept Claim stayed 29/8/07! (JimmyBoy vs Lloyds')

MBNA - over £1k for mis-sold PPI - WON - approx £1500(IpswichWitch vs MBNA . . .)