COLLECT SERVICES - notice of seizure of goods & inventory

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3803 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

COLLECT SERVICES - notice of seizure of goods & inventory

I am new on site, I received on my property notice of seizure of goods & inventory for car been parked in London (pcn) which is not on my name but my father who left the property as we don't get alone together nearly 2 weeks ago he moved with his girl friend some where and i don't know where he is at the moment. and he sold his car before he left to one of my close friend live in different area who bought the car and he got new log book on his name & address as well. my question is that will effect me in anyway as he is my father and well house is on my name on rent and am i liable for anything or my friend who bought the car from my father have any problem about this notice.

Thank for your help guys, really much appreciated.sorry about poor English.

It's a bit difficult to understand the exact details. I think what you are saying is this:

1. Your father got a PCN for his car, while he lived with you

2. He moved out 2 weeks ago and sold the car

3. Bailiffs are now looking to seize property at your address.

The bailiffs can only take HIS property if the debt is his - they cannot take your property. The main question is, did he leave any of his property at your address. If so, you can either offer it to the bailiff, or try and contact your father so he can sort it out - but you must explain to the bailiff that he doesn't live there, and all the contents of the property (apart from his things) belong to you.

Be very careful about letting them inside - most people would advise you not to.

Thank for reply. No my father don't have any belonging here plus I am just concern why I am getting letter and how I can stop.

And person who bought the car will have any problems ? As my friend is worried well nothing to do with him as he bought the car two weeks ago. Thanks

You are getting the letters because they think your father lives there, or that he has property there. The only way to make it stop is to contact them and convince them that he does not live there and has no property there.

The person who bought the car might find that they turn up unexpectedly and clamp the car. He will need to have proof that he purchased it so that he can show them. Do you know the person who bought it? If so, you could tell them so that they can contact the bailiff firm now, before anything happens.