Link Financial

Stumbler
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3770 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, it's them again.

I have been assisting my Brother-in-law in managing some debts, which got "out-of-control" during a period of redundancy.

Now, he had a debt with British Gas, which I assume was sold on to Link Financial - any paperwork, e.g. letters are unavailable.

But, the debt is subject to a CCJ obtained by Link, which ordered payments of £40 a month, to clear the debt of £4,500+.

Link have been kind enough to supply me with a copy of the court order and form N9A. And this is where my legal knowledge is lacking.

I have two issues with this paperwork. First, the form N9A, defendant's submission was completed and signed by proxy. My brother-in-law hadn't seen it. Now, this may be considered acceptable practice.

Secondly, the Court Order specified monthly payments of £40 "until the debt is repaid". Link have been adding interest at the rate of £60-70 per month, escalating the debt to some £7,000 now.

I have written to the Court on these two points. On two occasions, they have refused to comment on the basis that they do not provide advice. Even though I did point out that I was just after a confirmation of their Court procedure and clarification of the Court Order that they made.

I have now asked my MP to look at my issue and explain why a public servant is not helping a member of the public.:???:

I have also written to Link, advising them that I am looking at these two legal issues. In the meantime, I have offered Link a full and final settlement of £1,000.

Link have already put a charge on my Brother-in-law's property, which I will ensure is cleared as part of this settlement process.

Given these basic facts, I can see that I could have followed another path to tie Link down a bit further. But, is anyone able to provide advice about this CCJ procedure as I feel it may have been somewhat misinterpreted?

How old is the judgment Stumbler?..oh and welcome to CAG

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

What did the judgement say? Link ca

Cannot add anything to the debt unless the judgement allows tgem to.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Pity its so old but what does concern me is this :-

" First, the form N9A, defendant's submission was completed and signed by proxy. My brother-in-law hadn't seen it."

Are you stating that the N9 was fraudulently completed? Did he receive the claim pack and if so did he defend or what did he do with it? and don't state he returned it to Link.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

OK, here's a copy of the original CCJ (I hope I've done that correctly) [ATTACH=CONFIG]48511[/ATTACH]

The form N9A seems to contain some relevant information, but was not completed, or signed, by my Brother-in-law. I feel it may have been completed using details taken during a telephone call, where he was persuaded to adopt their repayment program.

He may have received the claim pack, but he wouldn't have actioned it. He was adopting the "head in the sand" strategy at that time.

John

Looking at the judgment it appears that he admitted and offered a proposed payment. But only he can sign the N9a and then forward it to claimant.

With regards to interest if you look at the bottom left of the judgment re debts over 5K.... but this only allowed if the T&Cs of the original agreement allowed post judgment interest.

Regards

Andy

The N9A was not signed by my Brother-in-law. In fact, the attempt at a signature couldn't even spell the surname!

So, as far as post-judgement interest is concerned, would I need to go back to the original credit agreement? This is not available from my Brother-in-law - paperwork isn't his strong point, he's a skilled manual worker!

John

Yes you would need to make a section 77/78 request from the claimant for a copy of the agreement and T&Cs...see the library for template.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a brief update on this one.

Link were offered £1,000 in full and final settlement of this debt, but I've learnt that they've declined this, wanting some £6,000. :roll:

As far as the legal side of the CCJ is concerned, I have got our local MP to rattle the Court's cage on this one to get a better reply. I want to know whether the N9A can be completed/submitted by proxy and whether interest has been included in the terms of the CCJ.

Simple questions really, so I'm concerned that the Judge refused to answer. After all, Judges are public servants and I'm a member of the public! :wink:

Link can demand what they like. As i said a few weeks ago, they cannot add ANYTHING to it. Them demanding £6k+ is laughable.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D