N Power and Richburns

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3819 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Had a few letters from N Power concerning my bill,

was annoyed with n power so withheld payment for sometime,

had a letter stating that i was being charged £10.50 for a Third Party Telephony Charge, no one called.

Then i get a letter stating i was having a home visit to discuss payment and an additional charge of £23.50

so i decided to pay the original bill. Which went through the account

I paid in full but left the outstanding balance of the charges.

What right do they have to collect these charges?

Would they ever go to court or obtain a warrant to fit a PAYG on the basis of £30 outstanding?

My respect to people who post regularly and help people out on here. Without your help alot of wrongs would have been committed.

Unpredictable but I don't think they would do this, the charges made for 'debt collection' by utility companies are questionable anyway imo.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

They cannot impose what are basically penalty charges. Either way dispute it in writing as soon as possible and ensure you have a paper trail otherwise it will come back to bite you in the rear if you want to change supplier. If they do not remove the charges and you change supplier and continue to dispute their charges, at least you have a paper trail to escalate it to the Ombudsman. Do not ignore it.