new and confused

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6429 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i am embarking on a claim from abbey. i have finaly ,and not without struggle, recived statements form them for the past 6years and am working out how much i want to claim. I am now going to send the prelim letter asking for charges refunded but in it you say

'I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX'

and in the faq /advice you say not to include the 8% interest untill you are sure it is going to court... Im confused-what is the interest claimed in the letter? and how is it worked out? Also by schedule of charges claimed do you mean to write (type) out a list of all the charges and dates they have put on my account that i am claiming for?

please help

Hi Jay Smith

What you are entering in the letter is just calculations and fair warning to the bank of what you will be requesting in court, its true that you can only claim the interest once in court which means the bank may well pay you charges and costs prior to court.

There is a good interest link at the base of this post it holds a long thread regarding interest.

once you have typed the charges into the spread sheet you can use this as a list of charges. by saving your spread sheet with the interest on it and then deleting the days since taken and the interest column and save i the remainder as list of charges.

hope this helps.

don't forget to open your own thread in the main bank section also linked at the base of this post under " list of banks"

BL:)

• Confused 1