Problems with car from ACF Finanace & bogus service history

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3838 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am having a problem with a car purchased from ACF Car Finance on 28/12/11.

have been number of issues recently which have caused 4 trips to various garages to put things right,

these include a broken water pump, engine leaking coolant, misfiring cylinder and most recently a failed clutch.

Each time I have asked the garage if the car appears to be as well looked after as the service book states and the answer is always the same...a big fat no..

I have long suspected there the entries in the service book were made up as the 2nd and 3rd service appear to have been written by the same person,

with the same pen and none of the fields showing what has been checked or changed have been completed.

This issue was raised with ACF recently when I called and said that I felt that the car would not last another 4 years (duration of outstanding finance)

as well as my thoughts on the service book.

Their response was that it was nothing to do with them and they carry out no background checks on the vehicles they acquire which I find a little strange.

I have involved Vauxhall who manufacture my car,

they have been emailed a photo of the service book back within 12 hours to say that the entries were bogus, which backs me up

and say that no service was carried out at the time stated prior to my purchase of the car.

Even though the service book of my "full service history car" is stamped with a Vauxhall stamp it was not serviced...

Vauxhall confirmed that they would always have a service of the service if it was done at a vauxhall dealership

and they are the ones who would have stamped my book..

So here I am...

is there anything that I can do as I feel that my car is rapidly going down hill and will no long the next 2 years let alone the 4 years left on the finance agreement.

My perception is that someone has forged this service history and I dont know what to do about it.

Help