Screwed over by Phones4U

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3840 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

About 18 months ago, I upgraded my sim only deal with O2 via Phones4U to a two year full contract (with 'free' phone).

At the time, I felt the upgraded fee was a bit pricey, but I was told there was an option to reduce the fee after a year,

and upgrade my handset for 'loyalty' somewhere indeterminate down the line.

It became readily apparent that the phone I was given as part of the deal was an absolute travesty (very cheap HTC model -with, at the time,

surprisingly decent reviews online, in my defence).

However, I dutifully waited, and asked whether I might upgrade it when 12 months had passed.

I was told that I'd get an option to upgrade at the end of the contract.

I then asked about reducing my contract fee, and they said the only I could pay less was to extend my contract for another year (losing my 'right' to upgrade in the process).

In short, I'm now in a position where I'm having to pay an extortionate amount of money every month for the pleasure of owning a crappy phone that barely works,

and I'll have to prolong the agony of using it if I want to pay slightly less every month.

Is there a way out of this?

I've considered simply writing to them to say I'm cancelling the contract,

cancelling the standing order and starting afresh,

which is probably incredibly stupid but I'm at wit's end (first world problems, I know).

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

LD37

Are you contacting p4u, or the phone provider?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

P4u dont maintain the contract. The service provider does. P4u is basically the phone retailer and an introductory agent should you decide to take out a contract. HOWEVER, if the phone is broken, or not working correctly, then under SOGA, they should sort the repairs.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D