Self Employed & going to try and claim PPI from MBNA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3788 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Old MBNA credit card i defaulted on and debt has been sold to Link.

Sent SAR to MBNA and got back all info including lists of transactions including PPI.

Im sure there can be no dispute in my case for miss-selling as the CCA they sent to me

just before cout case clearly states in bold ink SELF-EMPLOYED.

Im just not sure which spread sheet to use and believe the adding of the PPI insurance

was a contributing factor to the default of the debt.

Towards the end the interest and insurance added meant the debt was just increasing.

Could someone advise as to which spread sheet i should use.

Thanks

None, they'll just ignore it anyway.

If there is any kind of offer made they will use their own calculation methods.

There is also plenty of room for dispute over the Mis-selling.

Did it cover you?

Did it exclude self employed?

Were you covered with restrictions?

Did you know about the restrictions?

What did you think you were covered for?

Did you seek to clarify it?

Did you get a policy summary?

I'd do your research first, it doesn't pay just to wade in blindly.

That said, with MBNA their uphold rate is ridiculous at FOS which suggests there was something being done wrong there.

link?

hope you are still not paying them too

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It is just stated on a page taken off the web application ... im sure that is how i applied for the card.

And no im not still paying ... account went into default and was sold to Link ... link won in court and i pat £10 per month lol.

So i never asked for insurance ... and i thought the fact that i am self employed was a good enough reason not to have the insurance ???

is this not the whole point ??

them selling something to you that 1 is a requirement of giving you the card and 2 something that is useless as a insurance lol.

link got a ccj, blimey did you know about it

contest it?

sure i'd put in a claim.

if the PPI is listed monthly.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes the sheets they sent to me show it as either credit insurance fees or payment protection cover.

Yes they got me ...

i put my trust in someone recommended to me who would help defend and after lots of trying to get them to let me know what was happening they just cut me adrift ....

about 4 days before court date

i did manage to at least get a variation order reducing it from Pay full immediately down to £10.00 per month.

Then Link went for a Charging order .

.. i did have the assistance of someone from our local Community advice and law service .. but on the day we failed.

We argued that the charging order application should have been dismissed as i had completed an application to Vary the Order prior to the application for the charging order.

However on court day we learnt that the Variation had been granted but not dealt with until 26th January 2012

which was 5 days after they had applied for the interim charging order.

But im paying them regular on the dot £10 per month and payment is sent by postal order and by sign for post :).

So right now as i am starting to sort myself out having been kicked to the bottom rung of the ladder i am wanting to seek redress where ever i can.

And having found out PPI was on the card account i decided this was the first to get sorted.

After i have this ball rolling i would like some advice on Mortgage charges because they had a chunk of charges

that as i have read here where not allowed ..

.. Like £30 admin charges .

.. and even worse added to the term of the mortgage lol.

But that a different project ... i would like any assistance or advice you can offer.

Regards

god how unfair

bet the debt is +50% charges/ppi as well

else MBNA would never had sold it.

and they

if you just say self employed, they will tell you you were covered. The point is that in order to claim for the ppi unemployment benefits, you would have had to cease self employment and prove this with evidence from hmrc. This is a significant onerous term that someone who is employed does not have to comply with and as this was not made clear to you on application but only buried in the small print of the t&cs you were misold

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

yes def, just giving you the reason to use why you were misold

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

ah ok got ya ... yes i can see it now lol .... ok i am going to check the spread sheet tonight... apparently where the spread sheet says claim to ... thats where i have to put the date of the last charge added to the account before i went into default ... is that right .

Ok i will ask 1 more time ... is there a covering letter i need to send with the spread sheet and where the spread sheet says claim to ... thats where i have to put the date of the last charge added to the account before i went into default ... is that right .

you need to send the fos questionaire, the spread sheet and a short covering letter giving the reason explained above. If you post up a copy of your speadsheet and draft letter, I or someone , will check it for you. Use the last date on which you were charged interest to

• 1 month later...

Use the average int rate that you were charged.Im away till next week so can't read spreadsheet very poor wifi