Red Debt Collection

Rachie1973
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3851 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a Lloyds Bank Account that I used to collect £150 monthly charges on regularly. I found out that I could use another bank and not be slammed with such outrageous charges every month so I switched.

I went into the bank in 2007 and shut my account in person. I didn't hand over a letter, I just checked I had a £0 balance and closed it. The lady at the desk agreed this was the end of the account and I owed nothing.

Then our lives went haywire, business collapsed, house repossessed, and a house move. We went straight onto the electoral role at our new address, and our post was forwarded properly. I heard nothing from Lloyds.

Fast forward a few years and I had a letter at my new address chasing a debt of £600! Apparently I was overdrawn when I left Lloyds,and they added their charges! Despite my checking etc. Nowadays I'm older and wiser and would have had it all put in writing, but clearly I didn't do it properly.

I ignored the letters, but now they're stepping up the heat, demanding letters almost daily.

How do I go about dealing with this? Are they picking up the pace because we're heading toward the 6 year mark?

When in 2007 did you close the account?

Have you had a letter of assignment?

You need to send a SAR to Lloyds to get details of last payments and find out what charges were made etc.

You should also send this conformation of assignment letter to the DCA.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387504-Letter-to-DCA-requesting-confirmation-of-Assignment(2-Viewing)-nbsp

This debt would appear to be made up of just charges complain to Lloyds and dispute the debt you then can send the account in dispute letter to Red which will put thing on hold.

Hi

Can you say when in 2007 you closed the account? I ask because this 'debt may be statute barred.

If you are not sure, Send a SAR to Lloyds. As you have moved, you will need to prove who you are. Any data you get back should show what happened after the account was 'closed'

Don't worry too much about Red, they are just another desk along the line from Lowell and Hamptons Legal.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

When in 2007 did you close the account?

Have you had a letter of assignment?

You need to send a SAR to Lloyds to get details of last payments and find out what charges were made etc.

You should also send this conformation of assignment letter to the DCA.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387504-Letter-to-DCA-requesting-confirmation-of-Assignment(2-Viewing)-nbsp

Now what's that saying... Oh yes... Great minds think alike :smile:

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Sorry, just checked, it was January/February 2008 that I closed it. I can only pin it down to then because I can date my new bank statements to Dec 2007 and I clearly wouldn't have closed one without the other being open.

I think it is even more important to get a SAR sent. Account info should show what (if any) contact was made by lloyds to tell you the account was overdrawn. By the way, sometimes a charge is added after an account is closed which wasn't known about before the account was closed. This has the effect of re-opening the account.

As for red, to start, I would send a 'prove it' letter (in the library) but head every letter you send:

" I acknowledge no debt to you nor any company you claim to represent."

I wouldn't mention anything about possible Statute Barred as yet. Save that for later.

Banks have a duty to treat all customers fairly. If it transpires that no communication was sent re the O/D then (in my opinion) this is unfair.

Did you not receive a statement after the closure with a £0 balance ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think it is even more important to get a SAR sent. Account info should show what (if any) contact was made by lloyds to tell you the account was overdrawn. By the way, sometimes a charge is added after an account is closed which wasn't known about before the account was closed. This has the effect of re-opening the account.

As for red, to start, I would send a 'prove it' letter (in the library) but head every letter you send:

" I acknowledge no debt to you nor any company you claim to represent."

I wouldn't mention anything about possible Statute Barred as yet. Save that for later.

Banks have a duty to treat all customers fairly. If it transpires that no communication was sent re the O/D then (in my opinion) this is unfair.

Thanks Silverfox it really helps when you get the benefit of experience.

Did you not receive a statement after the closure with a £0 balance ?

Thinking about it, No I didn't. I had nothing until about 2 years ago. They said on that one 'despite previous letters' of which I'd had none. I'll do the SAR in the first instance,