Faulty Ipad Mini with Three Store

PIXeL_92
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3852 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Need some advise, my other half has bought an iPad via three on contract and it has gone faulty out of the initial 28 days warranty they give, after that they state it has to go to Apple.

I don't really want to go to my nearest store as it is about 60 miles away.

So the question really is, are 3 responsible for the replacement or refund for the iPad as I am covered under SOGA, the contract is between me and 3 and not Apple.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

SOGA.

Repair > replace > Refund. In that order. You have to let the retailer make amends first, which mens you have to let them fix it. They should be able to collect it from your home though.

You are right about the retailer must sort the repairs out, not you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It is the retailers responsibility to sort it out.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

It is their responsibility. If you log a fault, they will book a case with Apple Care and have it shipped to and from them for you. I had similar with my iPhone some time back but I got really irate as it was only 2 months old and I didn't want it repaired, I wanted it replaced.

However, if you have a case with apple, and if the item is within the first 6months front he receipt date, then Apple will replace it at no extra cost.

@renegadeimp:Yes and no, in the dames agreement, three do actually outline that after the 28 days, repairs etc... are handled by their respective manufacturers. It's a bit off a doozy and a fob off IMHO...

I can sure say that when my contract is up in a few months that I'm DEFINITELY leaving them and moving to EE as I've heard some pretty good things about EE. But I guess they're all as bad as one another.

repairs may be handled with the manufacturers, but its still the retailers responsibility to sort it all out. Liability still rests squarely on their shoulders.

Yeah agreed. What Three do is, whilst you are on hold after logging the breakage/issue, the call Apple Care themselves, discuss the issue, then put you on a 3 way conference call with them. Three will front the bill for shipping to and from Apple for you. Literally you just need to go through three to log the Apple Issue and that's it :)