Legal Trespass Issue

1mper1um
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3867 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I live in (and mortgage) an end-terrace property. My gable end faces a pub and the twenty foot gap inbetween is the pub car park. 5 months ago I came home to find the new pub tenants had covered my kitchen extension wall in bamboo shoots (drilled into the wall!) because they didn't like looking at my run-down wall. Some brief & free legal advice confirmed this was trespass and that they have no right to interfere with my property.

Today the pub is undergoing a refurb and I was distressed to hear drilling on my wall. I ran out to find workmen about to affix steel signs to my wall! Needless to say I went ballistic. I was very lucky to have been at home to have been able to put a stop to it but lord knows what will happen when I return to work tomorrow.

Worried it was instigated by the tenants, I've found the tel & email for the area manager and want to give him a blast. Thing is, my property is leasehold from the brewery so I am worried that if I was to do this that he looks further into the details he may discover that the brewery can do what they want to my property. My deeds make no obvious mention of this but they do state (in really archaic language) that they sign over all rights to my property for 999 years.

Can you advise? Surely trespass laws still apply? If nothing else, I am almost ready to have the wall re-pointed and re-rendered so putting up such signs would prevent me from carrying such repairs. I live alone and barely have enough income to live on so cannot afford a solicitor.

Edited by 1mper1um

It depends what your lease agreement says. Why do you think the brewery can do whatever it wants to the property - what does it say about things like structural changes to the land? If your wall is included within the leased boundaries I would have thought they cannot do anything to the wall so long as you are the tenant.

It also depends on whether the brewery and the pub are the same people? Do you know if the pub is franchised?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS