DVLA - tell a healthy driver not to drive.

Grace Woods
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was ill over the autumn with some kind of virus. During this period my eyesight became blurred. The optician said it was a problem with my prism and suggested to my doctor that this could be as a result of a stroke. My doctor asked me not to drive while this was being investigated, which I did. I have not driven now for eight weeks on a voluntary basis. After my MRI scan came back normal and I have not had any more eyesight problems, I asked the consultant if I could drive again. It was just a polite enquiry as I am fit and healthy sags in. She said I had to ask advice from the DVLA. I chose to do what was asked, which was a major mistake. Clearly honesty is not the best policy with the DVLA. They told me I was not to drive until they carry out an 'investigation'. I asked what they are going to investigate as all my test results are clear and I have no medical conditions. The doctor was being over cautious. I have not had a stroke and my eyesight is fine. I have had a eye test and have perfect vision. So, I'm not allowed to drive because I am healthy? Why would I phone them to tell them I am healthy if I am not. I drive at work a lot and need my car on a daily basis. The last eight weeks when I voluntarily didn't drive have been difficult. They reuses to listen to arguments over the phone and one person said I was ' going round in circles' put the phone down. If healthy people are told not to drive, who is left driving?

If you still have your licence, get a doctor to wrote a letter to them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Unless the DVLA has written to you and officially revoked your licence then you're fine.

I had a similar problem with a consultant who advised me to inform DVLA she had advised me not to ride or drive but I could ride or drive on private land just fine, (Go figure!), and I initially thought this was an automatic I'm off the road. It wasn't! The DVLA has to have credible evidence and will organise you to be examined by one of their consultants if they are considering revoking your licence due to illness or being medically unfit. They can't just do it on a whim, if you look at the medical fitness forms it states you agree by signing it you're unfit to drive and will need to undergo an examination, (usually a GP one is fine), and send evidence from the GP that you are medically fit.

If you don't have a letter telling you your licence must be surrendered then you're fine. DVLA tend to staff its offices with clueless twonks who don't really understand the rules themselves.