Lowell default on credit report

migsymill
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3858 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon,

TSB have sold a disputed account to Lowell who have registered a duplicate default on my credit report. I am currently taking this up with TSB and Lowell and would like to ask; should Lowell be advising you of their intention to register a default albeit a duplicate one, as in the way a normal default notice should be served.

Also, I was in the process of making a legal claim against TSB for in-excess of the value of the alleged debt, so if Lowell wish to assume responsibility for the alleged debt do I carry on with my claim against TSB, or do I claim against Lowell.

Finally, if Lowell pursue you over 3 months for an alleged debt that they have to date not provided "proof of debt" what are my chances of making a legal claim against them for compensation for harassment and also having to constantly respond to them in defending myself against their unproven claim. I want to make a claim as I am scared they will default this alleged debt even though it is not mine.

Thanks Migsy

You should have has a notice of assignment from LTSB and/or lowells just confirming Lowells would now be dealing with the debt.

There is nothing stopping you making a court claim or FOS complaint concerning LTSB.

Claims for harassment would require a long history of conduct, which you could prove were harassment. You would probably need evidence of having contacted them to dispute the debt on many occasions, which Lowells simply ignored.

Can I suggest that whatever you decide to do, 1) issue a court clam or 2) make an FOS complaint that you do so ASAP, after taking advice. Unfortunately Lowells will now use bankruptcy as a primary debt collection method, if the debt is over £750 and you own any property.

Once you have an ongoing court claim or FOS complaint, this should stop Lowells doing anything. You would need to let Lowells know about court or FOS and they should put the account on hold, with no communications issued.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Lowells after assignment would normally add their name to your credit file, to replace the original creditors.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I currently have my TSB default and also a Lowell default filed separately. Their is no explanation from Lowell within the report advising that it has bought the alleged debt and is merely taking ownership. It just looks like a new default on my account.

As I have only really been accused of defaulting once on this account by TSB my account looks as though I have defaulted twice. This is so misleading.

Thanks for your advice.