style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3865 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter has been off work for the last 2 weeks with mental health problems. She was taken on at work with the employer knowing she did have bi-polar. The chief psychiatrist has said she needs a phased return to work through an occupational health therapist but when I rang the employer they said they did not have occ health and it would have to be managed through the HR Dept who have not been very empathetic through this time. It is a large employer.

My question is does anyone know if she can demand Occupational Health or are the employer doing anything wrong not having one. The doctor insisted it was through Occ Health and not HR.

Many thanks to anyone to who can help.

You can't demand they have an Occ Health dept or referral system although it is considered best practice.

As it's not a legal requirement a GP report or detailed fit note is the next best thing.

The doctor is over stepping his role; it's his job to comment on health, not how an employer chooses to organise themselves.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

by the way - you say "occ health therapist" - therapy is via NHS, not work. So I am not sure what the doctor is suggesting!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!