Help dealing with Bristow & Sudor ref Council Tax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

perhaps I could get some help here with dealing with Bristow & Sudor ref my council tax.

We have had a letter from them saying that they have been ordered to commence recover action for my council tax, this is after we have been paying £120 per month for the council tax directly to them via their website payments screen.

B&S are saying that we have 14 days to pay the full balance before they start proceeding which we are unable to do.

What is the best / correct way of dealing with them in regards to setting up a payment plan that does not financially cripple us yet stops any nasty door stop visits ?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Scott

I think you may have been led into a trap by the bailiffs. What these companies do is to make an agreement with people that is impossible to adhere to. First they attempt to make an

agreement that they know is too high and sooner or later a payment will not be able to be paid. But even if that fails they have another ruse to fall back on. The agreement states

that payment must be made every month on the same date.

Herein lies the problem. It is inevitable that a Sunday will occur during the repayment period which makes it difficult with credit card processing and of course payment will not be received either if the payment date falls on a Bank holiday. If you try and pay early that is a nono too as you have failed to pay on the due date. It really is time that this particular

dodge was squashed by the powers that be- Unfair Terms in Consumer Contract Regulations would fit the bill.

The correct way forward now is to complain to the Council about the bailiffs and their so called contract, and in future only pay the Council. Say you have no confidence that you will

be treated fairly by the bailiffs and transfer payment from the bailiffs to the Council. For if the bailiffs have agrreed a monthly figure it must mean that the figure was agreed by the Council.

In the meantime, do not let the bailiffs into your property [they haven't already done so have they?] and keep your car well away from where you live. Have the bailiffs already

levied on any of your goods? And how much have they currently charged you?