Messy Default - when will it go?

extrobe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3883 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, not needed to be on here for a while (wahoo) - it's been many years in the making but I've almost cleared up everything - and even have a good deposit saved up ready to apply for a mortgage once I have one final default cleared up.

This particular one has been quite messy, where they kept changing the dates on it (naughty naughty them!). I got it changed back, but they still made a mess in doing so, meaning none of the dates quite match up within the entry - so I'm unsure which date I should take as the 6-year marker.

On the info-box, the CRA currently states the account was opened Jan 2006, defaulted December 2007, last updated May 2010

The payment history box shows the account was opened pre 2003, 5 payments late August 2005, defaulted December 2007.

The detail in the main info box is 'more right' than the payment history info, but not spot on by any means. The 'last updated' date of 2010 I think it when I got them to change it before, where they'd updated the default date to Jan 2010.

So, by my reckoning, the December 2007 date is the 'right' one, and should see it disappear this December. Can anyone spot anything that might mean this isn't the case? How 'good' are Equifax at clearing them? Or should I sent the chase letter anyway on the 1st jan?

thanks for all the help getting to this point!

Defaulted Dec 2007 removal Dec 2013 if no payments or written acknowledgment made in clear years then the debt is statute barred.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: