cancelling insurance cost

izzitme101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3893 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, bit new to this area.

I have my car insurance, which i prefer to pay all at once, annually.

Im now looking at getting another car.

i paid my insurance, £243 at the end of may, for commencing cover on 4/6/13.

Now, i realise there is a cost to cancelling, but when i looked online, they reckon i will owe them 72 quid, bearing in mind

i will have had less than 6 months cover.

they state that they will refund pro rata, but with the 75 quid admin charge, but surely less than six months at that price means they should be paying me back some?

any ideas?

question everything!

Yes you should get a small amount back. When they cancel, they work out the time on risk for the days cover you have had, which they then deduct from the amount paid at the start, which will leave £x refund due. Then then deduct the £75 cancellation admin fee.

Have you asked them for a quote to do a change of vehicle on the current policy. This may work out cheaper than cancelling and arranging a new policy.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

yeh i kinda tried that, can find nothing on the website about how to change to another car, and only premium rate number for phone.

its ecar, and i know, cheapest nastiest out there, but sometimes you have to go in knowing these things lol :)

been with them 4.5 years, and all been ok.

Just wanted to make sure i was right in what i was thinking really, because they claim ill owe them 72 quid if i cancel.

question everything!

You can log onto the Ecar Insurance online site with your email address and policy number, to obtain a quote for changing your car. If you go to the Ecar FAQ page and enter change of car, it tells you how to do this.

If you are not very clever with computers/online, see if you can phone them on 01454 634887

• Confused 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

im normally ok, just cant see anything anywhere about it, ill go have a look again.

aha! found it, thank you uncle :)

not the easiest of websites to navigate is it though, lol.

still i get my 5 years ncd next june, then ill be off to someone a tad bit easier to deal with i think lol.

Edited by izzitme101

question everything!

im normally ok, just cant see anything anywhere about it, ill go have a look again

Perhaps you need glasses ( only joking)

It is in yellow at the top of the Ecar site. Existing customer, then under that amend your policy. You can then log in using your email address and policy number, so you can do a quote for the new car.

haha yes i finally found it, all sorted now :)

need to replace the contact lenses i reckon lol.

for some reason i have always had trouble finding things on websites, dead weird, its not even like im a noob, been online since way back in 99 lol :)

question everything!