Am I Going Loopy - cahoot and a Dodgy DN??

BelstarBomb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Totally stunned to receive a default notice from cahoot, not that I wasn't expecting but because of how it is laid out.

Letter is dated 8.10.13 and states that it is DN served under Section 87 (1) of the CCA 1974.

It then says Dated: 8.10.13 which I assume is the date of service and gives the arrears amount and the breach which is the failure to pay the overdue amount.

It then states I have to make payment of the overdue amount within 14 days of the date of this notice!

The letter has just arrived today.

Am I going loopy but the date sent and date of service in theory cannot be the same as allowing for postage, how on earth can they give me the 14 days by law that is required??

Absolutely stunned that in this day and age, a company such as cahoot/Santander can still get it so wrong??

the date to rectify the arrears must be in the format of DD/MM/YYYY

not just 14 days from the date of the letter.

invalid DN.

whats the debt all about please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi DX,

It's a credit card debt. I'm not disputing it just waiting for funds to be paid to me before I can clear the arrears and pay part of it down which will be on 25th October.

It's just that I was looking at it thinking this isn't right and so it isn't!

Any subtle suggestions about telling them they're wrong and will have to be patient until 25th?

Thanks,

bel

is the debt already defaulted on your CRA file? if so they cant do it twice!

also if there are PENALTY charges and they are included in the DN figure, then that's another reason the DN is invalid.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Santander getting things wrong?

Nah. They wouldn't do that.... ;)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I know Renegadeimp, it's just that I was stunned to received such an obviously defective one after all the years that they have been beaten up by us the consumer because of them.

It's laughable, but imagine if someone who didn't know what I do or have the support of the CAG received this and it tipped them over the edge....

Santander are send defective DNs in such large numbers it has to be a 'debt collection' ploy any one receiving such a DN should sent a copy with a complaint to the ICO and the OFT/FCA.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: