Holidays not being allowed.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3884 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here we go, a colleague has had an operation this week which will see her on sick leave for the best part of 3mths. I work in a pharmacy on the shop counter, she works in the dispensary. One lady from the dispensary has been refused a holiday this month due to the other lady being on sick leave, and I have been turned down for November. This is because, if I am on holiday he has to use someone from the dispensary to cover my days on the counter. Can he do this? What if, and I'm not wishing this on her, her recovery takes longer than expected? I have known women take 6 mths off with this kind of op.

your employer can dictate exactly when you take your holidays as long as you do get to take them during the holiday year

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

So, lets say this lady is off for 4mths, that brings us to middle of January. I have 2 weeks holiday, another 2 colleagues have 4 weeks, not sure about the other 3, and he will only let one off at a time. Oh, and yet he can take his holidays whenever he wants.

I'm just telling you what's legal. I'm not saying it is fair, or hat it is good management!

I would ask him to specify when he wants you to take your leave.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Whatever he does, he MUST let you take them before the end of the work year. he cannot refuse to let you have them off.

If you decided not to take them, then its a case of use them or lose them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I know you are telling me what's legal, I understand that. Just annoyed that this has been sprung on us all now, when planning a week off before Christmas, as not allowed time off in Dec!!! Its even more annoying when you hear him arranging cover for himself for a week off in Nov.

If you believe he is being unfair to benefit himself, take the complaint higher.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

If you believe he is being unfair to benefit himself, take the complaint higher.

Completely agree - there would be ample grounds for a grievance there

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

However why not ask when you can have your holidays before flinging grievances about? Try the calm way first, then the grievance route!

While he coukld ask, it very much sounds like they would be fobbed off. The manager has already refused them holidays during a certain period, but allowed himself to take that time off instead. Asking him would just be a mere formality as the response would be fairly obvious.

Doesnt hurt to try though.

well a greivance before you had asked would almost certainly be laughed out....! Complaining about hypothectical problems won't get you far

Important to write down the answer to the request for the grievance though. Or better, get it in writing. It does look ike it is heading that was but process, process.