CSA Concerns

BGJGEG
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please bare with me on this one.

I am a father of three, two of those children live with me my eldest lives with my former partner 200 miles away (she decided to move not me) My former partner made me trudge through a contact order application and fought tooth and nail stopping me seeing my son which cost me £5k to fight in court, to rightly be awarded contact, needless to say she does not commute our son all travelling is done by me alone.

I currently work and have been in contact with the CSA in regards to an assessment. on a net weekly income of £400 here are the calculations.

£400 remove 20% for my two children whom live with me = £320 15% of which should be paid to my child living without me. This alone is a bemusement to me, why do my children have different needs? Surely the cost of keeping children is an equal? Why does one child cost 15% of my salary and the other two only 10% each?

Now the next piece of mind bogglement is i applied for a variation to the calculation on the basis of my travel expenditure. This expense is an average of £160 which the CSA calculated at £140 minus an inbuilt travel expenditure allowance which is understandable. I was told this was £15 per journey, its not its £15 per journey direction. so a deduction of £60 All in all £160 shrinks to £70 / 4 = £18 per week.

But the [problem] does not end there at all. So you go onto the online calculation and it works out at about £48pw So you would imagine that after the joke of a expense calculation your weekly payments would be reduced to £30 to help you absorb the travelling costs. NO

It is taken from your net weekly income so

£400 net weekly income

£18 removed for fuel allowance

£382

20% removed for children living with you

£76

Total £305

15% of which should be paid to PWC so

£46 per week

So a true expenditure of £160 per month equates to £2 per week £8 per month.

Any suggestions on me attacking this pure lunacy?

The percentages are the same for everyone - 15% for one child, 20% for two and 25% for three or more. Would assume everyones travel costs are worked out in the same way. Not really sure you'd be able to challenge them

• Haha 1