Arrow Global, BOS & sainsbury loan 'debt'

Haven
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a loan with Sainsburys Bank taken out in 2009.

In April last year my then partner became unemployed

i contacted Sainsburys to inform them that i wouldn't be able to fulfill by contractual payments.

I arranged a payment plan to pay them 3.85 per month, this was paid by standing order.

I then changed this amount to 5 each month as they where still charging interest despite me asking them to stop so the amount i owed was increasing each month.

Sometime between May and September (cant be sure of dates as due to the death of my dad,

unemployment and a cheating partner that part of the year is a kinda mess)

i must have been contacted by Blair & Oliver scott, i dont recall them wanting to change any arrangements so continued with my SO.

I contacted them in September to inquire about a settlement figure which was pretty much what i still owed to passed up the offer. Didn't hear from them again.

May this year i received a letter from Arrow Global stating they had taken over the loan from Sainsburys

and that until somebody from Wescot contacted me with payee details to continue to make payments in my usual way.

my SO with Sainsburys is still going out each month.

Not heard anything from them since.

Checked my credit file with Equifax and there is a 'loan from Arrow Global (insert sainsburys account number) with a default in May 2012,

no information before or after this day.

Im rather confused on how a company that didnt aquire this account till May 2013 can issue a default in May 2012?

There is no recorded information via Equifax in regards to my account with Sainsburys

but i know that is where the information should be as have had issues with Sainsburys before

and have had a note added onto my Equifax report which is still there but no account details.

Would Sainsburys be able to move from Equifax to Experian etc.

Also when i phoned Wescot they said i didnt owe anything

i really dont be to be poking to much i just want to know about the default and if its correct or can i have it removed?

Sorry for long post and thanks in advance for any advice given

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks that was what i was thinking along.

Now do i continue to pay Sainsburys?

I have asked them to send a statement out so that i can see that the amount im paying each month is coming of my overall balance?

Or do i cancel SO and wait for Arrow or Wescot to contact me?

Ive just checked with Noodle and that is showing a default from Arrow in July, August and September of this year nothing before 2013?

Have also noticed that the amount owed is not going down so clearly Sainsburys are not passing on the payments to Arrow Global.

Edited by Haven

So the account has been sold to Arrow Global, yes ?

I think you might need to write to them and ask for bank details - you can let them know that you have continued to make payments to Sainsbury but it doesn't look as though the payments are coming off the debt.

You might also want to establish if they are still adding interest and charges ? If so, it might be worth asking for these to cease.

If you can find out what the value of the charges already added amount to, you can ask for these to be repaid.

It might be worth sending a Subject Access Request to Sainsbury in order to obtain statements/payment records - before they start shredding them as they approach their 6th birthday.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The SAR will also confirm the actual start date of the Default reporting - which can then only be updated - the original default date cannot change.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

SAR to the data controller at Sainsbury, £10 statutory fee payable use cheque or postal order marked 'for statutory fee only'.

They have calendar days to comply

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Received a letter from Arrow Global this morning passing the account to Shoosmiths for none payment.

I have not had any contact from Wescot in relation to this account and have continued to pay Sainsburys as instructed

who have clearly not been passing any of the payments on or instructed me any different.

Im fuming that yet again Sainsburys are completely incompetent in dealing with this kind of issue.

I now have 3 defaults on this account and my credit rating is worse than crap.

You should simply respond by advising that as no one has ever provided you with new bank details, you have been making payment to Sainsbury and will be able to prove this.

You might also want to send a Formal complaint to Sainsbury and ask where your money has gone ?

BCOBS

They did provide payment details but as it said to continue to make payments in the usual way until westcot contact me

then i thought that i was supposed to continue to make payments to Sainsburys.

Was a difficult time for me and i was not thinking straight about alot of things.

But i would have thought Wescot would have chased me if payments where not being met.

Please list the defaults, dates, creditors, dcas and I'll see if I can help you.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Orginal default was May 2012 (Sainsburys), then July, Aug, Sep 2013 with Arrow Global.

In dont know what dcas is but im assuming the agencies involved.

Blair and Oliver etc

Wescot via Arrow Global

Shoosmiths as off this week.

DCA = Debt Collection Agency.

Shoosmiths are solicitors with a core business of debt collection often 'renting' themselves out to debt collection agencies.

Citizen B is spot on with the Formal Complaint to Sainsburys a creditor has 56 days to investigate and respond.

Thank you. All i want is the money back from Sainsburys and the defaults removing from my credit file. Will write to them Monday morning.

How difficult would it be to get the 3 defaults made against me by Arrow Global removed if at all?

Arrow would have only updated the creditors default entries, but have acted improperly by changing the date.

I can draft a suitable letter for you tomorrow if you wish?

Arrow would have only updated the creditors default entries, but have acted improperly by changing the date.

I can draft a suitable letter for you tomorrow if you wish?

Thank you that is a really nice offer. Im a bit confused as Sainsburys is not showing on the credit file just Arrow. The original default would have been May 2012, then ive got a further 3 defaults for this year too. Already sick to the back teeth of it. Just want to pay my debts and be left alone. :-x

Received letter today from Shoosmiths with a budget sheet to fill in. They also say they may ask to provide proof of certain income and expenditure, is this true? Also gives me an option to offer them a settlement figure?

Could someone give me some advice on filling in the form, im fine with the main household stuff but never know what amounts to put in for things such as clothes etc.

Do i have to put in my national insurance number?

Edited by Haven

Only Arrow appear on the credit file because they know own the debt.

You have no obligation to supply an I&E to Shoosmiths.

What have done about the three defaulted accounts from this year, have you made CCA requests, checked for reclaimable charges, PPI etc.

I'll draft letter later this morning to Arrow for you.

No you Do Not have to provide you NI number and I suggest you do not do so.

Only Arrow appear on the credit file because they know own the debt.

You have no obligation to supply an I&E to Shoosmiths.

What have done about the three defaulted accounts from this year, have you made CCA requests, checked for reclaimable charges, PPI etc.

I'll draft letter later this morning to Arrow for you.

No you Do Not have to provide you NI number and I suggest you do not do so.

National Insurance Number? report the idiots to the Regulator and all and sundry they need locking up!

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Again thank you.

im not going to give them any work details (as they are asking for them also) no NI number.

I also dont see the value of my car is an issue as this is needed for me to get to work, will be ignoring that question too.

They also want to know how much i paid for my house, the current value and outstanding mortgage which i feel is irrelevant?

The date my contract ends with mobile phone/media services, which again is irrelevant as the phones are needed as we dont have a landline

and the internet is needed for both children to study GCSE and HND.

Am going to offer them 10 a month and hope that is the last i hear from them.

Ok,

Dear Shoosmiths,

Thank you for prompting me to check my income and expenditure after doing so I have concluded that the absolute maximum I can reasonably aford to pay is £xx.xx per calendar month this figure is NOT negotiable and will be paid by standing order.

I will not provide Shoosmiths with private personal data such as my NI number and name of employer.

Details of my home its value etc., are confidential and are of no consequence to this matter, the same applies to my telephone contracts as well.

No further correspondence will be entered into on this subject.

if i send that letter they cannot force me to provide them any income etc?

Im quite confident dealing with DCA as my ex brought a crap load of them when he moved in

and chased most of them away but the word 'solicitors' has unnerved me and am worried they may pursue me though court.

Thank you so much for that letter i shall write it up and post it monday,

return it with information they sent me in the pre paid envelope they also kindly sent me.

Would you also do the letter for Arrow for me as i would really like the defaults removed,

thank you in advance :whoo:

So if i send that letter they cannot force me to provide them any income etc? Im quite confident dealing with DCA as my ex brought a crap load of them when he moved in and chased most of them away but the word 'solicitors' has unnerved me and am worried they may pursue me though court. Thank you so much for that letter i shall write it up and post it monday, return it with information they sent me in the pre paid envelope they also kindly sent me. Would you also do the letter for Arrow for me as i would really like the defaults removed, thank you in advance :whoo:

We can get the dates amended on the defaults as discussed earlier.

As to the I&E the only time you would be obliged to produce this is if it ordered by a court.

if an accout has been defaulted then to get it removed is near NIL it will drop off after 6 years england and 5 years in scotland, you see the differene we in england are put upon so being in the so called United Kingdom but the rights of the people are different

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

if an accout has been defaulted then to get it removed is near NIL it will drop off after 6 years england and 5 years in scotland, you see the differene we in england are put upon so being in the so called United Kingdom but the rights of the people are different

Seven if the defaults are recorded are in error, due to sainsburys being paid and no payments being forwarded

and nobody contacting me to arrange payment from Wescot?

This is all so stressful and complicated, apologies if im repeating myself.