MMF home visit - can I stop them?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Check the cab library. Scroll to the bottom.

In short they have no legal rights. If they do turn up then tell them to get lost or they will be removed by force by the police. Dont get into a convo with them, just tell them and walk into another room and close the door.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

They rarely do come out. Mmf do not follow the law or regulation. Read this forum and youll be amazed at some of the things they get up to

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

As above they rarely come out in main an attempt to get you to ring them so they can threaten you with taking your cat, kids etc anything to get you to make a payment that's all they are interested in money.

pick

The voicemails are standard DCA threat-o-grams designed to scare people who don't know better. It doesn't take long before they run out and you'll hear the same ones over and over again - usually after a couple of weeks you end up stuck in a laughable alternation between two messages. Firstly 'Mike - A Doorstep Collector' will leave a message that he will be calling at your property in the next few days, the next day you'll then get another message where exactly the same voice as 'Mike' proclaims that the account will soon be passed to home visits for transfer to a doorstep collector if you don't call them back - it would seem that 'Mike' performs the dual role of being the only doorstep collector MMF have, and also works in the call centre, transferring cases out to himself!