Data protection query

Suzyhall9024
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure if posting this in right forum so fingers crossed, I have a query regarding data protection and wondered if anyone could help.

It relates to 2 loans we took out in 2003 with first plus, one in august via a broker and a refinance in december 2003 which we thought was direct with first plus as we were called by who we thought was them offering a further advance, they had all our loan info and it wasnt until 3 years later we discovered we had infact dealt with an unregulated broker who had hoodwinked us into believing they were first plus, presumably they had been passed all of our loan info and I wondered if they could have breached the data protection or other consumer acts by doing so ?? I didnt as far as I know tick the box saying that my details couldnt be passed to other companies, HOWEVER there is a difference between selling on our name address details etc for marketing purposes than disclosing all our confidential loan info for financial gain.

I would be very grateful if any of you could help with this matter

thanks