help with tv licensing ingnoring plea for instalments

archer_66
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

I have been taken to court recently for no having a tv licence . I did set up a direct debit that apparently didn't go through for whatever reason.

im a carer for my mom and have a daughter that has adhd a job and a college course so I haven't really got time to go through the threads so apologies if its been asked before

I entered a plea to court of guilty and explained what had happened. pointing everything out and asking for a way of paying by instalments.

after a few weeks I had a letter requesting fine in full. I wrote to them asking to pay in instalments.

however this was ignored and I had a hand delivered letter the other day saying the debt is now £445 !!

it says if full payment is not received they'll be attending my property to seize and remove goods.

im worried sick now . I cant believe they've put the fine up ,in fact doubled it when I had asked for a payment arrangement !

Is this legal?

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

think there might be a pattern here!?:lol:

GE Money- won

barclaycard-- N1 put into court

capital one - won

NatWest- won

never lose sight of your goal!

If the Magistrates made a collection order, which they do with nearly all fines, then that authorises the bailiffs/debt collection company to come and seek payment. That incurs additional expense. Yes, it's legal. Your only option is to contact the fines office at the court, explain the situation and ask for the Magistrates to reconsider your circumstances. That will involve attending court again.