sky poor service

stevenalbakeeri
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i moved into my property in jan 08, the first thing i did was to get sky installed, they was already a dish on the side of the house but the engineer put the new one on the front, come april/may we started to get poor quality signal and the picture was freezing, so i called them up and they came out, they said it was due to a tree over the road which funnily enough had some leafs on, with it being spring, and because they put it up in january when the tree was bare this was the reason for the picture, so they moved the dish maybe a metre higher, i asked them why they simply did,nt just use the dish on the side of the house, which is still there to this day, and they said everything would be okay now, but the last few months the picture has been really poor especially in windy or bad weather, i phoned them several times, i suggested that the tree might have grown but they want to charge me £65 call out fee, which i,m not happy about, i pay between £115 - £130 a month for there package so why should i have to pay for them to fix a problem which was fault to start with, any ideas what to do next, there is nothing wrong with any of the equipment provided by sky, (which as there agent pointed out is out of warrenty) it was put in the wrong place by the engineer, which i told them till i was blue in the face, and then i was told nothing could be done until i paid the call out fee, whats my next move?

Hi

I would suggest you ring up the cancellations department and (whilst recording the call-if you can) explain why you want to cancel.

With the amount you are spending each month, I would think Sky will offer you a free call out rather than losing your custom.

I have done this previously and they did it for me.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

just phoned their cancellations department, they could,nt waiver the fee, but give me 2 options, option 1 was £15 call out fee, option 2 was £29 call out fee with a sky plus hd box to replace my daughters standard box, i went for option 2, she guaranteed everything would be sorted out, if not i could cancel the package, and my daughter gets a £199.99 hd box apparently the wireless one just out in august, so thanks for your advice nice one